2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
reliable accord
By jackiegrin on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my accord. It has plenty of leg room when sitting in the back seat. It has a smooth ride and is very dependable.

Honda Accord EX Sedan
By mjgrdms on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this is my 3rd honda product- love them. Extremely reliable except that the brakes don't last. never had any other problems.

Can't be beat for the money
By samspade77 on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in the automotive industry for 12 years, and I swear by Honda products. This is a top quality vehicle that is a great all-around sedan. It is fun to drive, and the VTEC engine is quick. I drive it on HWY 5 between San Jose and L.A. This car can cruise between 80MPH and 100 MPH with great control and feel. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. I have no problem climbing the mountains, or passing other vehicles. I would recommend Accord to anyone who wants a practicle, reliable, fun, inexpensive, safe, roomey, low-maintenance, and quick car! You don't need to spend an arm or a leg for top quality. BUY a HONDA today!

Accord'01
By ynk on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car. This is an ideal full size car in the market with balanced performance, mileage and style.

I Love My Honda
By rstcrew on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I Love My Honda. I only wish I could have owned this car sooner. I get 29 mpg hwy. faithfully. The only work I've had done is regular oil changes. I have the ex model totally loaded and I love the luxury. The only bad choise I made was the low profile wheels and tires. I've decided they are for people that have time to drive 5 mph over every dip, railroad track and bump. I have already replaced two tires with side wall bumps. Other than that(and I chose the big rims and tires) I wouldn't trade it for the world. ( Thank God the PT crusier was too over priced when I need a new car)

Honda seats
By tennisjanice on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, however for trips longer than about 2 hours, the seats can be very hard and painful.

No real problems yet
By Educatedblkm on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Accord EX in 2000, and currently have about 46,000 miles on it, so far no major problems. Paint on the rear bumper is scratched / pealing, but I don't know if that is a result of living in NYC or poor manufacturing. Additionally the rear seat teather cover for carseats came off, the rubber started to come off around one of the rear windows, and the clutch was sticking during cold starts. All problems were fixed free of charge (I got it all done before my warrenty expired) and I haven't had any serious problems at all. So far, I must say I luv this car (although my 4 cyl. can use a little more punch).

Good Value for the money......
By Ken M. II on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is an excellent car for the money. However, I keep having issues where I need to get the throttle body cleaned every 30,000 miles or so. If I don't do this then the car will hesitate when I press the gas (this is very aggervating). The engine is okay, but the 4 cylinder could use a little more pep.

my accord
By clevinger on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car through Autoweb. I got what I wanted: a car that I don't have to think about, carries 4 adults, and enough options to keep my mind occupied. The only things I don't like are the gas mileage 19 mpg average, but 25 on long trips, and there's a sqeak in the passenger door that drives me crazy.

Fun to drive, but a little noisy
By dglanz on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car last May and currently have right under 10K miles on it. Overall, it is a nice car. The paint looks nice and the interior is finished perfectly. It hasn't had any warranty service on it and is absolutely reliable. Over the last month, it has developed a rattle in the drivers door that is pretty annoying and there is much more road noise than I was expecting from a car that costs over $25K. Maybe it is the tires, but I'll never find out since these tires will be on it throughout my three year lease and I plan to turn it in.