Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent car
By Bimal

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first hounda car. I bought it used and I must thank previous owner for his immaculate maintainence of the car. I have put on 20k miles on it in 15 months. I love this car and there is nothing that I feel, I would like to complain about it. One minor thing I noticed was in the city I get about 17 mpg. However on highways I have noticed more than 30 mpg as long as I stay around 70 mph (with ac/heater on). I highly recommend this car to everyone.

Favorite Features

Interior layout, 6 CD in-dash changer, nice music system

Suggested Improvements

CD player that plays MP3

A great car but could be quieter inside
By itsjen_again

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought as "certified" used vehicle w/ 5000 miles in 2003. Most impressed w/ reliability-now at 35000 miles and not a single problem or repair. Reliable family (of 4) vehicle with good gas mileage (26 mpg around town--4 cyl). Not too zippy, but handles well. Expected it to be a quieter ride; more wind/road noise than I like. Seats uncomfortable on long drives (>1 hr). Interior design no frills but well laid-out. Lots of trunk space and flexible cargo arrangement w/ the fold- down rear seat and rear seat port-hole (have used this feature many times). We need to move up to larger vehicle now (baby on way) so its good resale value is a plus. Overall satisfied with this car.

Favorite Features

Interior lay out & console storage; large trunk, fold-down rear seat & port-hole

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, less interior road noise

Honda beware
By Mikkos

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've now had my Accord EX for 2 years now and I have started having transmission problems. First gears hestitates and shifts very hard. It's also really jerking when going up hills or coming to a stop. The sunroof rattles constantly when sunshade is open. I'm just disappointed with Honda. Everything else is good and I haven't had any other problems with it.

Favorite Features

Keyless remote,sunroof, CD player. Great safety ratings.

Suggested Improvements

Transmissions, sqeaky sunroof, horrible 4 cylinder.

My Accord
By My Accord

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Honda two years today. I love driving the car and it's well equipped. I love the moonroof, keyless entry and 6 disc CD changer. I take it in for maintance and I'm yet to have any problems. I'm currently at 92,000.

Favorite Features

CD player, Keyless Entry, Moonroof

Suggested Improvements

Rear leg room, Audio system, brakes

Love my Honda
By Tori

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2001 honda accord with 70k miles on it. Best car I have ever bought. Fun to drive. Easy to hook up for teens. Looks nice, and very spacious. It seems the manual hondas are better. Had a 97 honda civic automatic transmission. The car was used but after i bought it the transmission went up on me with 20k miles. I love my honda accord and wouldnt trade it for anything else.

Favorite Features

6 disc CD changer, V-tech engine, trunk, the look

Suggested Improvements

nothing should be changed about it