2001 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Honda no more
By exhondaboy

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchasing my 5th accord was suppose to be a no loose deal, previous models were exceptional cars to drive. I was sold a lemon when I bought my new 2001 accord. The car shakes and rattles, the weatherstripping is poor, and the stereo belongs in a dodge aries k car.Neither the dealership nor the service center in CA has been any help. I've basically been told "It's yours now" and my concerns have been overlooked. Maybe Honda should concentrate on quality control at its plants instead of making top sales. Honda you've lost a loyal 17 yr owner for good.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

better sound system, work out the rattles(which apparently means working on quality control in your plants)

Love my Honda!!
By MissMom

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After holding off from buying a Honda b/c of the price...We are so sorry we finally did. I doubt we will ever drive anything else...unless it is a mini-van. Wish we had gone the extra mile for the V-6. The 4 cylinder is quite "peppy" though.

Favorite Features

The size, realiability, the look, has CD and tape deck.

great car
By maddawg

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

love to drive my honda a little disapointed in the gas milage the drivers seat not that great for my commute to and from work had to replace front rotors and pads already at 60000 kms still very pleased

Favorite Features

6 cd changer sunroof honda power

Suggested Improvements

better milage and brakes should have lasted longer

Not all hondas are reliable
By Johnnytheman

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has visited the dealer at least 2 times a month from a faulty leather to the oxegen sensor to the cat converter. i have had to have the keys reprogamed twice and the cars have faulty alignment that creats uneven wear in the tires. this is in fact the worst new car experice by far

Favorite Features

leather climate control in dash cd chager

Suggested Improvements

eveything

Get a stick, for better fuel economy
By Goldthumb

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, my experience has been good. When I first bought the car, I there was a problem with the shifting. I was given a loaner, and since then it has been perfect. The dealership was very relaxing and professional. (I owned an Eclipse before, and Mitsubishi service is simply horrific.) I am happy to be driving one of the most reliable cars on the road.

Favorite Features

Fit & Finish, interior design, comfortable back seat (I'm 6'4"), small blind spot, easy & fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic around the keyhole on the steering wheel scratches too easily. There should be a scratch resistant surface there. They should also put pads on the seatbelt buckles so they don't bang up the plastic inside when you whip it off. Other than that, I am content.

Surprised and Pleased
By dtskiles

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Left work to test drive the 330i. Came home with an EX V6. Mileage is better, better interiour design, and the performance seemed better.

Favorite Features

Interior Design, storage, large trunk

Suggested Improvements

Minor adjustments to armrests.

Watch out for the transmission!!
By Hondawoman

2001 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my Honda 1.5 years and I need a transmission already. The dealership said there was a glitch in this particular year of Honda Accords. I never got anything in the mail telling me that. Thank goodness I still have 2,000 miles left on my warranty. New transmission shipped in from Japan-$4,500, 2 or 3 days of a rental car and labor? Hmmm, sounds a little expensive, even for a Honda!!

Favorite Features

I love the comfort of the car. The seats are great!

Suggested Improvements

Different transmission distributor!

Honda Accord EX-L
By Ryan Riederer

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord has been comfortable and functional yet not terriably exciting. Our car has had the air bags stolen twice in less than two years and is a direct result form being such a popular car. As much as I like hondas I will never purchase another until the something has been done to change the conformity of the airbags. I know it is cheaper for Honda to have uniform airbags in every Arura and Honda but this only increases the value (ability to fence) on the black market.

Favorite Features

The cockpit is ergonomically perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better suspention. There is toomuch body roll while turning.

Good car bad radio and dealer
By Hello y

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The accord is a very good car. I purchased a 4 banger so power is low, but fuel mileage is very good. Quite a bit of road noise. Great suspension and brakes (abs w/ex model). Car seems to require very little maintenance, unless you follow the dealer suggestions which will bankrupt you and probably do more damage than good to a very well assembled car. Rear seating is average and trunk is small. Radio reception is very poor and I was very pleased to find out the dealer could have cared less. Their loss as I no longer have the car serviced there and will not repeat purchase.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage and suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio reception and smoother 5 speed. When cold, I need to wait until the car is stopped before shifting into 1st.

Awesome
By crystavol

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome! My Accord is the most reliable and top quality vehicle. This is my second accord, and I will not buy anything else

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

more power