2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 14

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best Ever
By Vick on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get better gas mileage, I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. This is my first car and I am impressed. It had everything I wanted at a really good price. I would reccomend this car to anyone.

Creme de la creme
By magpub on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Honda was the best car for the money when I bought it and it still the best car 2 years, 30k miles later. Anyone complaining about a Honda lemon must be sniffing something or abuses their car. I've owned another Accord, a Jeep Wrangler, a Pontiac Crapfest, a Camry and a couple of Nissans -- none compare to the quality of this car.

This is My Dream Car
By Mikkos Slappey on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Even though I haven't had it long, I have enjoyed it very much. I love the 6 disc CD changer and sunroof. The keyless entry comes in handy.

Useless Warranty
By jspreitz on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Honda's warranty is not worth the paper that it is written on. My problem is with the fog lamps which are a dealer- installed option. Both lenses cracked twice and Honda is telling me that it is because some debris hit them. That's 4 lenses in a 20 month period and they're telling me that the part is not defective. Also, Honda issued a Technical Service Bulletin which admits that this as a problem with a defective part. Regardless, they want to charge me in excess of $350 to replace what is obviously an situation covered under the warranty. I am pursuing this with the Attorney General's office.

Love my Honda
By Joseph Smith on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, plenty of room, economical, and fun to drive. Has all the features I care about. Very nice styling, and very easy to drive. I have the 4 cylinder engine, and it has more than ample power.

Very good car
By CamryFan2 on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is a terrific car! It replaces my '91 Mazda (307,000+ miles) and is definitely a great bargain. Seats are very comfortable in the front, much like my 2000 Camry LE V-6, and the controls are very well laid out. Even with the 4-banger, this car has solid performance, and oil analysis on both engine and transmission indicate excellent reliability. I also appreciate the relatively easy access to all routine maintenance items. The only drawback is a poorly designed back seat. The seat cushion does not provide adequate thight support for a person of average height, and the rear seat headrests, just two small bumps, are almost worthless.

Lots of problems!
By PghOwner on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 9 months and 17K miles the transmission went. 5 months later brought it back with a squeek in the front end. Didn't find a problem, just lubricated some bushings. In Jan '03 the power steering started squeeling, took it in and the power steering rack was leaking and the whole thing needed replaced. Only had 42K miles on the car. Luckily Honda took care of the problem, or it would have cost $1250 to have it replaced. Took it back yesterday with another squeek in the front, and they said that it is the struts that are noisey. They aren't leaking, just noisey. Cost to replace them $450.

This is a REAL Car!
By joe thompson on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2001 car new. For me it was a move up from a smaller Nissan, and I had been considering a Civic or a Corolla. A friend with me remembers my saying when I started out the lot, "THIS is a REAL car!" and she knew in 20 feet that I would buy it. Now, 20 months and 20K miles later, I feel I "know" the car and am as delighted as I was when new -- of course, it is still the same, so it might as well be new. No service work (besides oil change) has been necessary.

Honda no more
By exhondaboy on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchasing my 5th accord was suppose to be a no loose deal, previous models were exceptional cars to drive. I was sold a lemon when I bought my new 2001 accord. The car shakes and rattles, the weatherstripping is poor, and the stereo belongs in a dodge aries k car.Neither the dealership nor the service center in CA has been any help. I've basically been told "It's yours now" and my concerns have been overlooked. Maybe Honda should concentrate on quality control at its plants instead of making top sales. Honda you've lost a loyal 17 yr owner for good.

Love my Honda!!
By MissMom on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After holding off from buying a Honda b/c of the price...We are so sorry we finally did. I doubt we will ever drive anything else...unless it is a mini-van. Wish we had gone the extra mile for the V-6. The 4 cylinder is quite "peppy" though.