Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Decent, but rotors keep warping!
By edsnooper

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted reliability, and while the engine is reliable the brake rotors keep warping, casuing a strong vibration when stopping. Also honda sent me a notice after 10k miles that they had determined some of their cars had problems with the transmission, and that they were extending the warrenty to 100k. I guess that is pretty decent, except if I thought the honda would only go 100k, I would have sooner bought a cheaper and bigger/more powerful american car... I would think twice before buying another honda...

Favorite Features

Looks good, tight build, engine reliability

Suggested Improvements

Horrible gas mileage, warped rotors, non-supportive seating.

Trouble free vehicle!
By Brenda

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have had no problems with our Accord. It has only needed a new set of tires since we purchased it. It is very comfortable for 4 large adults and is fuel efficient. Performance with the 4 cylinder is adequate. The automatic transmission is sluggish to downshift. It handles and brakes very well. I am somewhat concerned with the amount of reviews refering to the premature failure of the automatic transmissions. Fortunately, our dealer "gave" us a 10 yr/100000mi waranty--hopefully we won't have to use it. The dealer in Kingsport is very good but you have to remind them to wash your car, update your records in your owners manual, stamp your 5 oil changes get the sixth one free card.

Favorite Features

Logical interior controls, bolted on hubcaps, comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improved performance from the automatic transmission. A truck button on the keyless entry. Stereo buttons on the steering wheel would be nice.

A terriffic value
By Ron

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

EXTREMELY RELIABLE with low Maintenance. Overall a great value with a total cost of only $2400 annually [averaging 20,000 miles] for first 5 yrs.. Original total cost $18,300 incl all taxes etc..- current value $7400. Only repairs in 5yrs/92,000 miles are front brakes/rotors and clock light bulb.

Favorite Features

Clean looking convenient dash board.

Suggested Improvements

Better origial tires and brakes. More covenient placement of cabin filter and clock bulb. Improved interior lighting.

Nice Car
By Hal

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car. Good body shape -- doesn't look trendy, even after five years. In fact, prefer body shape to current model. Good quality materials. Highly reliable. Comfortable seats. Good driver control positions. Good engine -- the power of a 6 cylinder with the economy of a 4 cylinder. In general, better quality vs. my Lumina it replaced.

Favorite Features

Nice body shape. Supportive seats. High quality materials and fit & finish. Good, comfortable car for long trips and commuting.

Suggested Improvements

Engine could use more power. Better handling, more European feel.

Not surprised!!
By accordfan

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have three Hondas including two Accords. The great part of it is it's ingenious placement of the controls. When I'm looking for something for the a/c it is so easy to find it, the knobs are large and the buttons are close to the steering wheels. I've been in other cars and many car companies overlook this need. The gas mileage is great and the performance is pretty good for a four cylinder car. I was expecting a boring car but it is much more than I ever thought an Accord could be. If you are looking for a great car that will last almost forever, a Honda Accord is just the car! :D

Favorite Features

The placement of the controls, response, great brakes (not too sentitive but not weak either!) resale value, and nice model!

Suggested Improvements

They should add an option for xenon headlights for the newer models such as the 2006 since nissan and toyota are starting to offer it, but the 2001 model is pretty good value for the dollar!!!