2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
A
By hubble on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking at this review, you too need reliable family transportation. You know that the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry are above all competitors in terms of design, quality and reliability. But the Accord is much more fun to drive, especially when you drive much faster than you really should in a family sedan. If you like to drive and need a family sedan, drive an Accord and a Camry and feel the difference yourself. Then decide which to buy.

comfort and reliability
By Tricia on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I use my car for outside sales and spend roughly 5 hrs a day driving. My car offers me comfort and reliability. I like the fact that the blind spots are minimal it gives me a wide view of the road and everything around me. I enjoy the huge trunk, great for shopping and hauling things you wouldn't normally be able to fit in a trunk. I test drove several other makes comparable to the Accord and none of them could compare. The Accord has a tighter suspension and lets the driver feel in control.

Too noisy
By John Kent on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Road noise on coarse pavement at highway speeds is deafening, making conversation or radio-listening an unpleasant chore. Engine noise is pronounced during moderate-to-hard acceleration, and the motor does not sing a sweet song. Intermittent rattles and squeaks are annoying. The car is dead-solid reliable, but I won't buy another one.

Look at a Toyota
By jwood on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2001 Honda Accord EX with 64,000 miles on it. I have a 2002 Acura TL Type S and love it but wanted a car to use to travel to work in and save miles on my Acura. Well I knew that Honda Motors were having problems with transmissons but I went ahead and purchased the Accord because I thought it was a sound car. Boy was I ever wrong its now in the shop having a new tranny put in it. Go buy I toyota.

Accord Sedan LX-V6
By ISU on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have own this Accord for almost 3 years. Nothing went wrong only regular oil change. Just like other Accords with strong build quality and reliability (I owned 94 Accord). In my opinion, this generation V6 accord has unresponsive transmission. This may be the trade off to its mpg. However, it still make 1 of the fastest acceleration in 3.0L V6 engine class. What can I say ?

Squeaks and Rattles - My Last Honda
By jja guy on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After owning 5 Hondas, I never thought I would have to take one in for repairs at 40k miles... but my 2001 Accord just proved me wrong! The air vent fan has already gone, just after it came out from warranty (figures). Sure, the Accord drives nice and the engine is very quiet, but the squeaks and rattles from the interior make up for that. From the dash board to the glove box, new rattles emerge every day, testing my patience and driving me nuts! Also, some of the exterior trim around the dash board is coming off. Sometimes it feels like I am driving an American car. Honda seems to be in a quality rut and they just lost another customer because of it.

A new Honda Fan is born!
By new Honda FAN on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I must say that I was rather skeptical since I had never owned one before. I Previously had a Dodge Intrepid with the 3.5L V6 and thought that car was good. But it did have a few squeaks and rattles. This Accord has no noise, its still quiet and the leather is great. I drive a lot and the only thing I would ask Honda is to do something about the gas mileage. My Intrepid could go 455 miles on one tank of gas, the Accord only makes it to 325 and that's with the SULEV 4 banger. I love the car and look forward to my next new Honda... the Pilot.

Solid Vehicle
By dkcooley on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have driven this vehicle for two years now with no problems. We follow the scheduled maintainence program with our dealership and have not found a complaint with them either. The front passanger side shock/strut was defective after 15000 miles which the dealership found during a routine maintainence appt. and fixed the problem under warranty. The dealership provides us with a rental vehicle at their cost during all maitainence appointments. We will definitely buy another Honda and most likely form the same dealership.

Best Ever
By Vick on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get better gas mileage, I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. This is my first car and I am impressed. It had everything I wanted at a really good price. I would reccomend this car to anyone.

Creme de la creme
By magpub on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Honda was the best car for the money when I bought it and it still the best car 2 years, 30k miles later. Anyone complaining about a Honda lemon must be sniffing something or abuses their car. I've owned another Accord, a Jeep Wrangler, a Pontiac Crapfest, a Camry and a couple of Nissans -- none compare to the quality of this car.