2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love my car
By Loyal Honda customer on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2001 Accord vp! It has over 185k miles and continues to be reliable! I have had to replace many parts, but this is mostly due to normal wear and tear. Belts wear, seals leak. But that happens to any well used car. My engine and transmission are mechanically sound! I just bought a second Accord, because I was ready for new car with more features ( ex-l) and so don't want to sell my old one because I love it!

Transmission?
By kc on 05/07/10 18:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first Honda and my last. The transmission is shot and come to find out, this is a known issue for Honda. However. And beware. They will not assist in repairing the transmission if you are one day or one mile over the warranty. They knew the transmission was faulty and still used it for several years. The issue is not that a manufacturer has a defective product, but rather, that the manufacturer knowingly sold a product that had the distinct potential of failing and will not back up their product. I don't care how many great reviews Honda gets or has gotten. They have proved to me to be an unreliable company with which to deal. Stay away from all Honda!

2001 Honda Accord VP
By ronald panaccione on 04/07/07 09:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Has provided superior performance from day one. No problems whatsoever. Minimal maintenance required in all areas. Original tires lasted 60m - brakes 50,000. Still has original muffler at 107,000 miles.

Decent, but rotors keep warping!
By edsnooper on 04/29/06 03:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted reliability, and while the engine is reliable the brake rotors keep warping, casuing a strong vibration when stopping. Also honda sent me a notice after 10k miles that they had determined some of their cars had problems with the transmission, and that they were extending the warrenty to 100k. I guess that is pretty decent, except if I thought the honda would only go 100k, I would have sooner bought a cheaper and bigger/more powerful american car... I would think twice before buying another honda...

A terriffic value
By Ron on 01/19/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

EXTREMELY RELIABLE with low Maintenance. Overall a great value with a total cost of only $2400 annually [averaging 20,000 miles] for first 5 yrs.. Original total cost $18,300 incl all taxes etc..- current value $7400. Only repairs in 5yrs/92,000 miles are front brakes/rotors and clock light bulb.

Quality car at a reasonable price
By Bictexman on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My honda has 35000 miles. So far so good but then thats exactly what I expected from a Honda this is my 4th Honda and am quite satisfied. A quality car at a very affordable price without the frills. I am 6ft 3 in and fit quite comfortably in it. Runs smooth and I just love it, Thanx honda

Perfect Appliance
By CharlesE on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This initally was a spare car for us. It was a lease deal at $159 / mo! Not as "fun" to drive as the wife's 98 ex v- 6, but it is a heck of a family car deal!

Make your own Honda
By Baja on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I turned a plain car into a car that is eye catching and fun to drive. The price I paid was below dealer invoice, because I shopped around. I used the money I saved to make it look sportier. No problems whatsoever in te two years I have had it. Tinted windows a must, euro tail lights, kept same tires added aluminum wheels, a honda bra for front end, xenon fusion blue bulbs in headlamps, neons on hood, racing seat covers, blue interior lights, and stainless steel exhaust adds horsepower and better acceleration.

great car
By my pooper on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for more than 2 years now and have not had a single problem with it. What it lacks in luxury it more than makes up for in reliability and build quality. My family and I are able to turn the key and not worry wether were going 10 blocks to the store or 1,000 miles on a road trip. The peace of mind we have with this car is extraordinary.The maintenence on the car has been outright simple also. The honda dealership has an easy to understand schedule with reasonable prices.

Love my Honda
By Joseph Smith on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, plenty of room, economical, and fun to drive. Has all the features I care about. Very nice styling, and very easy to drive. I have the 4 cylinder engine, and it has more than ample power.