2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Trans Sucks
By manoh on 08/07/14 12:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car by believing all the reviews and got dashed my head. With in one week of buying the Honda Accord EX V6 my transmission started giving problem. It got started slipping and engine light blinks and D4 light started blinking. Took it to mechanic and he told that need to rebuild transmission which could be $2000. If you still would like to go for this car , you are great!!!!!!!!

I'm going to keep it
By bizemoma on 07/06/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car in 2002 with 19K. It now has 124K. We have done oil changes, major services, breaks, tires and that is it. This car goes where ever we need it to. I know this car will go another 200K if taken care of. We have been very happy with this. When it is time to get a new car I will purchase another Honda Accord.

Probably Best Looking accord, but otherwise mediocre.
By jagalag on 06/09/12 18:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm not going to talk about reliability, because that is assumed, demanded and granted for this brand of car. A/C motor is weak, My kid's R/C car has more power!!! Battery cables suck, they corrode like nobodys business, even if you put those inexpensive greasy, fuzzy red and green washers on the terminals. Front seats give you back pain, butt pain, and are incahoots with an unforgiving suspension. Seats on my 5th gen. '96 EX accord were much better. I have no idea what all these other reviewers are yapping about, but fuel economy is DEPLORABLE!!! Dealer replaced the transmission under warranty, but you wouldn't even expect Hondas' design team to screw it up! Just knocking on wood now!

Well worth the price
By bizemoma on 02/01/12 18:24 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2001 Accord with 19K on it. We have owned it for 10 years now. All we have done is the major services, oil changes, breaks and tires. It now has 93K on it and we fully expect it to go at least another 100K. We love this car. The only issue is in the fan for the heater there is a little rattle now but that is it.

The best
By Mr. German on 07/29/10 14:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

210,000 miles and it's still clicking. Regular maintenance done every 100,000 - timing belt and water pump. The V6 has lots of pep, still get 30-32 on the highway, mucho comfort with the leather power seats.

Updated review after my first year
By xoquixxoqafxo on 07/14/10 14:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this Accord for a little over a year, got it with 95k and today 07/14/2010 it has 111,895 miles. It needed a lot of maintenance to get it to the condition i have it at right now. I have replaced the timing belt/water pump, tires, battery, transmission fluid, front and rear brakes, spark plugs, and last week my rear main seal failed and it leaked about half a quart of oil in 2 weeks. It was an unexpected, not to mention early failure so if anyone else had that same problem let me know cause it was an expensive repair.I am happy that my automatic transmission is fine and overall, i am quite please with the car and plan to keep him for a while.

Excellent Car to Own
By E Johnson on 03/08/10 18:30 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned "foreign" cars--this Honda is second only to a 1996 Mazda 626 that I literally drove until it died. The Accord is super comfortable, the V6 is surprisingly fast with a LOT of get-up-and-go, and is as reliable as the sunrise. This car, despite being driven on average over 24,000 miles a year, has NEVER EVER broken down on us--all we have had to do is change the oil, fluid, belts (as called for at 60,000ish miles), and filters and keep gas in it! Speaking of gas, for a car with as much pep as this one, the gas mileage can not be beat! Best vehicle investment you can make!

Very sataified customer
By Mr. Murray on 02/20/10 07:47 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owned since new and with 196k miles have only done routine maintenance. Replaced a 1987 Legend with 265k miles just wanted new parts but in ran fine when I sold it. I stay on top of all maintenance items and have replaced the timing belt and alternator but no tranny failure .. always change fluid ever 50k. At nearly 200k the car is still "tight" with no rattles and handles like a sports car rather than a sedan. Can't wait to get my next new one but since it's only about 1/2 thru its life it will be a few years. It's not for sale but if it were I hear the resale is very good. I never miss an oil change or other filter changes; I'm sure this makes a difference on a Honda or any other.

Update from previous review (100K)
By Sofyan Bey on 09/18/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am the third owner, I purchased this car from my sister in June 2009, she bought the car from the original owner in July 2007 with 66K on it for $10,300 when I bought the car from her in June of 2009 it had 95K on it. I bought it from her for $6,300 after she put on 30K in 2 years. The car is great, it just hit 100,015 today and runs like a new car. I did some maintenance over the summer, I replaced the front rotors and did the timing belt and water pump and had the rear rotors resurfaced and new pads put on. Today I just did the spark plugs bc they are original. I used to drive a 96 Camry and this car is so much nicer to drive and the V6 is smooth and powerful. Gas mileage is at 24 mpg.

Follow up review 4 years later
By ElectricalEngineer on 09/08/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I reviewed this car in October 2005. Now it is four years later, I still have the same Accord EXV6. I'm even happier after this much time has passed. I've made a lot of improvements to the sound system that resulted in complete disassembly. This is an excellent vehicle to work on. Everything is secured well. Panels can be removed and replaced without squeaking or rattling. It is still a great vehicle and I'm always getting compliments when people see the odometer. Do not hesitate to pick this one up!

1 2 3 4 5 next »