Used 2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

honda ex v6 sedan 3.0
By joe pa

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in August 2004. It had 30,000 miles. Since owned it has been a great vehicle. Very comfortable on long trips. Very roomy inside. Nice big trunk for grocery shopping. Overall couldn't be happier to own such a strong and dependable car. Get one and you will be very pleased on how well this vehicle drives. It now has 146,000 and never any problems.

comfort, peppy engine, tranny, and good gas millage considering it has a v6 getting 28 city/ 35 mpg highway

not a thing.

Honda Suspect
By chris

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We've had lots of problems with our 2001 Honda. For starters the paint started peeling and the dealer and Honda refused to back it. Had to essentially repaint the car in 3 spots. Over the years other things went- gas gauge, transmission, now the interior lights go on and off when going over bumps. Any work done at the dealer was double the costs as elsewhere. The ride is fine in town, but on the highway is poor and very light - can feel the car moving on windy days. Very surprised that Honda gets such good ratings when this ranks as our lowest quality car- including other GM vehicles.

gas mileage

Total redesign - too light and poor engine/transmission.

Study, reliable car
By MJ Gehant CPA

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a sturdy, reliable car. Handles well and very zippy. It makes up in reliability and durability what it lacks in excitement. No mechanical or body problems, decent mileage (though I expected better than 28 mpg but my lead foot may have something to do with that). I fully expect it will go another 300,000 miles or so, although another driver will get that experience since I'll be trading it off soon. No fault of the car - it's just time for me to move on to something else. My overall experience with this car has been great - nothing bad to say.

Great Honda Except The Transmission
By Love My Honda

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased Accord LX 4dr V6 brand new back in Nov '00 as a '01 model. The v6 engine is so smooth you won't even notice unless you press the gas pedal hard to the floor, then the muffler resonates. Available supercharger upgrades by Comptech makes the car even more fun. I am putting a lil' over 75,000 Mi by now (Sept '06). Thus far no problem with the car except the transmission kinda hunting when I press the pedal hard to the floor.I am planning to keep the car for another 5 yrs since I love it plus all the memories I've had with the car so I will add comptech supercharger to upgrade the power. Probably gotta check the transmission too. Maybe need an overhaul. I am getting 21-24mpg combined.

Smooth V6 Engine, dual exhaust, Handling, 6 speakers, Rear-disk brakes, Engine plastic cover, Safety (friend of mine got hit hard from behind! The Altima was heavily damage, The accord spare tire compartment bent in but bumper went back to the orig. position as the car was never hit except paint peel

More responsive transmission like the BMWs, Good-looking Interior, Larger diameter rear-disk brake, Better paint quality, Wider tires and wheels.

I expected better from Honda
By lucy jo

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been fine, until I made my last payment, I have had to have the motor mounts replaced (over $500!). Now some console lights go on and off and my fuel light doesn't work anymore and the dealer said they would have to pull everything apart and charge me to find out why it doesn't work.

the garage opener and it is a honda

fix the console! what is the deal with the motor mounts, my civic with over 150K miles never had this problem!!