2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
160k and still going strong
By mikroma1 on 08/29/13 23:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My first car that I have ever bought back in April of 2010 with 108,000 miles. Now in August of 2013, I have put 52 k miles on it with very little maintenance. It's becoming an old car, so naturally, it isn't as equipped as new cars with usb/ipod, navigation, lane-watch, etc. That being said, it is hard to find lots of features in this outdated 2001 accord. Back then, I am sure the standard features in this car were up to date and seemed fresh, even for the less expensive lx trim. With its durable engine, you can really push it which makes it fun. Has original clutch and brake rotors which still work like new. All I had to replace was a left front and left rearbushing on the sway bar

SUCH A GREAT CAR!!!!!
By 01robbie on 11/06/11 20:47 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this car is seriously the best car i have ever owned. it just turned over 240,000 miles and only ever needed its routine maintenance done and a new clutch. i have owned this car since it was new and it still drives like it did when it was straight out of the dealership! these cars had issues with the automatics so i would stick with the 5 speed. its much funner anyways. oh and this has been driven down back roads and dirt roads all its life, just had the allignment checked and it was totally perfect to spec! that is awsome!!!

Transmission problems
By Pamela Meyer on 11/21/09 16:07 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Honda - the others were reliable and I kept them serviced so they would last and they did. Except this one. The transmission is bad and needs to be replaced. The dealer won't replace it under the extended warranty of 7 years and 9 months (I don't drive a lot) but I'm still under the 109,000 mile warranty - it's whichever occurs first. I always trusted Honda's reputation for being a car that lasted a long time without major repairs until very high miles. This is the last Honda I'll ever buy. In my opinion Honda is slipping in quality.

Hate to see it go
By sandman on 03/08/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife needed a new car. She test drove a few. When she drove the Accord, she had to have it. 4 yrs later, family is bigger and we get her a new Pilot. I get stuck with this (2001 lx 4dr 5spd). I gotta tell ya, I try to kill this thing every day, shifting at redline and aggressive downshifting. Always dealer serviced. I commute 50 miles a day. I drive this thing near its limits every day, and always get 31 mpg. 50/50 hwy, city. It's still as healthy as ever!

Trouble free vehicle!
By Brenda on 03/04/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have had no problems with our Accord. It has only needed a new set of tires since we purchased it. It is very comfortable for 4 large adults and is fuel efficient. Performance with the 4 cylinder is adequate. The automatic transmission is sluggish to downshift. It handles and brakes very well. I am somewhat concerned with the amount of reviews refering to the premature failure of the automatic transmissions. Fortunately, our dealer "gave" us a 10 yr/100000mi waranty--hopefully we won't have to use it. The dealer in Kingsport is very good but you have to remind them to wash your car, update your records in your owners manual, stamp your 5 oil changes get the sixth one free card.

Not surprised!!
By accordfan on 12/26/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have three Hondas including two Accords. The great part of it is it's ingenious placement of the controls. When I'm looking for something for the a/c it is so easy to find it, the knobs are large and the buttons are close to the steering wheels. I've been in other cars and many car companies overlook this need. The gas mileage is great and the performance is pretty good for a four cylinder car. I was expecting a boring car but it is much more than I ever thought an Accord could be. If you are looking for a great car that will last almost forever, a Honda Accord is just the car! :D

Accords rule !
By Kevin on 11/17/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Accord has given us ZERO problems the last 3 years. Bought it used with 16K miles, now it has 65K miles and no problems at all. I am 6'2" and it has plenty of leg room, sits 5 people easily, and has good pickup for a 2.3L 4 cylinder. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a vehicle they can hold onto for 7-8 years. Also holds resale value extremely well so it is good equity-wise. We took a 60 month loan on this vehicle and with 24 payments left it is worth $2000 more (wholesale) than what we owe which is excellent.

68000 mile review
By Liberty_05 on 08/28/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord is the perfect all-around sedan for those who cannot afford a BMW (or those smart enough not to invest their hard earned money into rapidly depreciating assets at luxury prices). The Accord is sporty enough with a peppy engine and taut suspension to be really fun to zip around in. The car comfortably fits our family of four and has been a great stop-and-go hauler around town as well as a great highway touring sedan. Mechanically the car has been flawless. We have only had to replace a battery, oil and filters. The biggest drawback has been the length and turning radius making it sometimes difficult to park

Not the most reliable...
By chig on 07/15/05 00:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a Honda due to excellent ratings and their reliability that you hear so much about. Had two expensive repairs. Had to have the tranmission replaced with low mileage. Honda covered and extended warranty to 100k. Also had a rear main seal that needed repaired with around 50k mileage. Honda refused to admit is was faulty design/workmanship even though all independent sources indicated otherwise. On the 2001 LX model, don't believe the hype that this car is the most reliable out there.

A great car but could be quieter inside
By itsjen_again on 05/19/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought as "certified" used vehicle w/ 5000 miles in 2003. Most impressed w/ reliability-now at 35000 miles and not a single problem or repair. Reliable family (of 4) vehicle with good gas mileage (26 mpg around town--4 cyl). Not too zippy, but handles well. Expected it to be a quieter ride; more wind/road noise than I like. Seats uncomfortable on long drives (>1 hr). Interior design no frills but well laid-out. Lots of trunk space and flexible cargo arrangement w/ the fold- down rear seat and rear seat port-hole (have used this feature many times). We need to move up to larger vehicle now (baby on way) so its good resale value is a plus. Overall satisfied with this car.