Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

CRAPPY TRANSMISSION!!
By mike

2001 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am on my 4th. Transmission with 186,000 miles its an ok car except the transmissions suck I have invested $8,500 in 15 years just on rebuilt transmissions 4 of them
I will not buy another Honda!!
Do your resarch on these cars if your planning on buying one

Grandma car with only 79,000
By yohahn_bravo

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the acceleration of the 6 cylinder. When the v-tec kicks in it really pulls. The car makes a whirring sound until 3,400 when it starts to sound angry. This engine is strong and responsive at all speeds. Passing power is exceptional and the car never feels breathless even when floored. The seats are comfortable for me and everything is within reach. My only complaint is the lack of hip room. I used to have a maxima which was huge, I was a bit spoiled with space. I realize this and the Odyssey define a marginal Honda transmission but I have never felt a slip or rough shift so far and praying for 180k out of the transmission. I do mostly highway driving so the 4 speed doesn't always have

six cylinder engine

transmission issues, decrease wind noise and increase driver side interior room.

Owned for 13 years and counting...
By Pat

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2002 with 35,000 mils on it. I just hit 273,000 miles and this baby is still going strong. The wheel wells are starting to get body rot, but I have nothing negative to say about this car.

EGR Valve problems
By sg15

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way the car drives. I would have given better ratings if it weren't for a couple of reliability issues:
1) The EGR valve warning has been a recurring problem. The first time at 74K miles I did not know Honda had a TSB to replace it and replace a tube with a wider tube. I got the valve replaced at a repair chain. Through its TSB Honda increased its warranty to 80K miles. Now, the EGR valve warning is back at 87K miles. Honda refuses to cover this under warranty. There is a lot of discussion about this problem on the web. Clearly there is a problem with Honda's EGR valves. I think Honda should stand by its products. I don't understand why number of years matters for this.

Stand by your products un-conditionally when you know there is a problem with some components. E.g., (1) EGR valve. (2) wheel bearings

Excellent
By zdoyle1

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2001 Accord Ex-L V6 with 218k miles. I tend to be quite hard on this car but it doesn't seem to mind. I have owned it for 5 years now with no major issues- I did have the timing belt replaced around 175k miles and a new hole drilled for the oil pan around 215k miles. I still average 25 mpg around town! Anyone who rides in my car is always surprised to learn how high the mileage is. This car has made me loyal to Honda and I will never understand why people would choose to own anything of lesser quality.

Leather Quality- 218k miles and no rips or major wear- seats still look and feel very nice! Acceleration- the V6 is very peppy and loves to rev. Makes a nice sound and is way faster than it needs to be- extremely fun to drive!