2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I love my Honda
By planegeek614 on 10/28/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought my Accord from a dealer. While I have had to replace the clutch hydraulics and two coolant hoses, this car has been incredible. I drove 750 miles to Oregon and I got 32 mpg with the A/C on, driving 75 mph, with a ton of stuff in the trunk! The interior is a little dated, but this is a fantastic car. If you buy one of these, check that the timing belt and water pump have been replace, and stay away from the automatic transmissions, I've heard horror stories. But the great thing is that the manual transmission is better suited to the 2.3 liter engine anyway.

181k Miles and Counting!
By sunnydriver on 08/31/13 06:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It is a great car! I need an upgrade since I Have 2 kids. I Have a coupe so it is inconvenient to get in and out of. But I love it! Fixing to sell it. I bought it in Dec 2000. No problems yet!

160k and still going strong
By mikroma1 on 08/29/13 23:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My first car that I have ever bought back in April of 2010 with 108,000 miles. Now in August of 2013, I have put 52 k miles on it with very little maintenance. It's becoming an old car, so naturally, it isn't as equipped as new cars with usb/ipod, navigation, lane-watch, etc. That being said, it is hard to find lots of features in this outdated 2001 accord. Back then, I am sure the standard features in this car were up to date and seemed fresh, even for the less expensive lx trim. With its durable engine, you can really push it which makes it fun. Has original clutch and brake rotors which still work like new. All I had to replace was a left front and left rearbushing on the sway bar

Excellent commuter car...
By freddys555 on 06/21/13 18:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Living in Chicago and having a hellish daily commute, I decided to take my younger brother's Honda Accord with 156,000 miles. The reliability is simply amazing. There has been no mechanical/electronic problems since purchase in 2001. The VTEC engine loves to rev and performs very well for a family type sedan. The double wishbone suspension is solid and gives back exactly what you put into it. There has been some minor interior issues but nothing abnormal. The transmission, in which Honda's quality suffered between 1999-2003, is starting to feel jerky. The headlamps made by Stanley are showing its age. Overall, this has been an impressive sedan with impeccable reliability.

I loved my Accord
By cadyyy1993 on 07/26/12 17:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got a "lemon" my honda has had 5 transmissions, the driver window won't roll down anymore, lots of electrical issues. My car only has 155,000 miles on it and it's way too much to fix now its having engine problems.

I'm going to keep it
By bizemoma on 07/06/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car in 2002 with 19K. It now has 124K. We have done oil changes, major services, breaks, tires and that is it. This car goes where ever we need it to. I know this car will go another 200K if taken care of. We have been very happy with this. When it is time to get a new car I will purchase another Honda Accord.

Probably Best Looking accord, but otherwise mediocre.
By jagalag on 06/09/12 18:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm not going to talk about reliability, because that is assumed, demanded and granted for this brand of car. A/C motor is weak, My kid's R/C car has more power!!! Battery cables suck, they corrode like nobodys business, even if you put those inexpensive greasy, fuzzy red and green washers on the terminals. Front seats give you back pain, butt pain, and are incahoots with an unforgiving suspension. Seats on my 5th gen. '96 EX accord were much better. I have no idea what all these other reviewers are yapping about, but fuel economy is DEPLORABLE!!! Dealer replaced the transmission under warranty, but you wouldn't even expect Hondas' design team to screw it up! Just knocking on wood now!

Well worth the price
By bizemoma on 02/01/12 18:24 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2001 Accord with 19K on it. We have owned it for 10 years now. All we have done is the major services, oil changes, breaks and tires. It now has 93K on it and we fully expect it to go at least another 100K. We love this car. The only issue is in the fan for the heater there is a little rattle now but that is it.

UGH u DAMN TRANS
By peteytemple on 12/23/11 08:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 Accord and noticed some slipping within the first week from the Trans. Brought it back and they replaced it. Start driving down the road and realize the Shifting in the car is worse than it was b4. Brought it back and now they are fixing it again. Honestly after reading all the reviews about how this car has major transmission problems, I may just return the car. Something in my gut tells me to return it now b4 the 30 days is up and then to get screwed.

Great Car.... when the transmission works.
By kramer265 on 12/21/11 07:33 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My vehicle had its transmission replaced at 53,000 miles (under the extended Honda warranty), it is now at 134,000 miles and is again in transmission failure. The extended Honda warranty does not cover vehicles over 100,000 miles even if they replaced the transmission themselves. Cost for a rebuild is $1800; $3500 for a new one. The car is great!, but in my case the transmissions have averaged around 60k miles before failure.