2001 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great looking, reliable, but boring car.
By Oleg on 03/29/09 20:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine 5 months ago and even though I find its reliability quite impressive, I still can't figure out why this car was made: It's a sporty looking coupe, but it was never offered as a stick shift, has a very soft suspension and visually deceiving configuration - its long body suggests RWD but being a Honda it never came as such. AWD was never offered in US either. Other than that - the J30A1 motor provides great fuel economy for a V6, the ride is smooth and comfortable, and most things in the interior are conveniently located and make sense.

3rd Accord
By Doug on 12/31/08 10:07 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love Accords and will continue to buy them. They seem to go through 3 year stretches of good looking then plain and back again. Very reliable but pricey to fix. I took the remote door lock off my key ring because the panic button has a hair trigger, it starts the horn honking by itself in your pocket.

A Solid Car...with Class
By JCToro on 03/15/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Honda Accord new. The car is very comfortable for a family of two (husband and wife). Getting into the back seat can be difficult for additional adult passengers (especially if they are not average in size). After almost five years, my Honda Accord looks and runs great. The only problem I have encountered was to replace the power door lock actuator (twice on the passenger side door). It is a car I truly enjoy driving. The V-6 engine has all the power you will need on the highway. This is the third Honda that I have purchased in the past ten years.

I'd do it again
By mrkdrv on 02/25/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for three years and have had no problems. I bought it with just under 20K miles and have not hit 50k yet so I am definitely not beating it. I would buy this car again. Not everyone that owns a Honda will be problem free but you have to like your chances.

Brake problems anyone...?
By bigfoot on 10/12/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new in 2001 and have 117K miles on it. Overall have been very happy with performance and reliability. Only scheduled maintenance (110K is a killer - $900) and replacement of window motor, but expected that based on previous Honda experience. However, this vehicle has recurring problems with rotor warping/brake vibration and I was wonering of other owners have had similar experiences. Have had it back to Honda several times for in warranty and out of warranty fixes, but problem persists. Would like to know if this is a recurring theme as I am considering the purchase of an '05 Accord.

i love my car
By pk on 08/10/05 17:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my V6 Accord since she was brand new. I drive a LOT - nearly 30,000 miles per year, and I haven't yet had a problem with this car. Even after putting diesel in the gas tank (gas station's fault) she just keeps on keepin' on. The service department at the dealership has always been courteous and helpful when I take her in for scheduled maintenence. I have nothing bad to say about my car.

Yawwwwwnnnnnn.
By Xspark on 06/30/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Honda car and I'm certain it's my last. My third car was a 1995 Honda Accord V6 EX and I thought it was just a bad year for Honda. My 2001 2 DR V6 Accord is a little better but the design and ride is still just average. The driver's seat seems loose. Everytime I brake or accelerate the seat rocks forward or backward. Dealer stated there are no problems with it so I guess it's just poor engineering. The car also seems to have difficulty finding the right gears in traffic. I'm always lurching forward or back because the automatic gears can't decide on an appropriate gear. I imagine this car will rust soon just like my other Honda's did. Time to look at other makes.

Great Car!
By jp-chicago on 06/06/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, it is one heck of a car for the price. Performance is amazing, and it handles great in snow. No Problems!

Rhonda's Review
By Prtyflwrs on 11/11/04 15:57 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1998 almost identical and loved it. It got totaled, so I replaced it with the 2001. I love it as well. I think that it is extremely stylish. I love the comfort and the leather. I really enjoy the climate control system. I have yet to find another car that I would want to trade it in for.

Excellent daily-use
By jordanyeng on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in for 3 years and I never experience a single break-down. The only things I spent are the scheduled maintainences, oil changes, and that's all! However, do not expect it to be too 'sporty' because of the soft suspension setting that aims for daily- use comfort. Yet, highly recommanded with its built quality and reliability.