Used 2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great looking, reliable, but boring car.
By Oleg

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine 5 months ago and even though I find its reliability quite impressive, I still can't figure out why this car was made: It's a sporty looking coupe, but it was never offered as a stick shift, has a very soft suspension and visually deceiving configuration - its long body suggests RWD but being a Honda it never came as such. AWD was never offered in US either. Other than that - the J30A1 motor provides great fuel economy for a V6, the ride is smooth and comfortable, and most things in the interior are conveniently located and make sense.

Favorite Features

Looks. That's the first for sure. Reliable engine, 6-disk changer AND a cassette deck, leather interior, power seats, and a surprisingly effective TCS switch. Stable on the road. Bigger wheels than the 4-cyl model. Nice rims.

Suggested Improvements

Boring Drive. One thing it needs the most is a stick shift. Honda realized this and took care of it with the next generation model. Tighter suspension, perhaps, and maybe an optional 4WD system would fill the loopholes in this model. Also the headlights seem a bit too dim.

3rd Accord
By Doug

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love Accords and will continue to buy them. They seem to go through 3 year stretches of good looking then plain and back again. Very reliable but pricey to fix. I took the remote door lock off my key ring because the panic button has a hair trigger, it starts the horn honking by itself in your pocket.

Favorite Features

This V6 engine is a precision instrument.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility while backing up from parking spaces. Offer this with a manual shift. Rattles in dash cover and moon roof.

A Solid Car...with Class
By JCToro

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Honda Accord new. The car is very comfortable for a family of two (husband and wife). Getting into the back seat can be difficult for additional adult passengers (especially if they are not average in size). After almost five years, my Honda Accord looks and runs great. The only problem I have encountered was to replace the power door lock actuator (twice on the passenger side door). It is a car I truly enjoy driving. The V-6 engine has all the power you will need on the highway. This is the third Honda that I have purchased in the past ten years.

Favorite Features

The V-6 engine; sporty look; leather interior, easy to reach controls for operation of car accessories.

Suggested Improvements

Visibilty from rearview mirror seems limited. Easier accessibility and additional space in the back seat area of the automobile.

I'd do it again
By mrkdrv

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for three years and have had no problems. I bought it with just under 20K miles and have not hit 50k yet so I am definitely not beating it. I would buy this car again. Not everyone that owns a Honda will be problem free but you have to like your chances.

Favorite Features

Style, in dash CD changer, leather seats

Suggested Improvements

No seat heaters and fuel economy could be better.

Brake problems anyone...?
By bigfoot

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new in 2001 and have 117K miles on it. Overall have been very happy with performance and reliability. Only scheduled maintenance (110K is a killer - $900) and replacement of window motor, but expected that based on previous Honda experience. However, this vehicle has recurring problems with rotor warping/brake vibration and I was wonering of other owners have had similar experiences. Have had it back to Honda several times for in warranty and out of warranty fixes, but problem persists. Would like to know if this is a recurring theme as I am considering the purchase of an '05 Accord.

Favorite Features

Overall looks (newer model coupes look like a torpedo), homelink, build quality, V6

Suggested Improvements

Brake vibration? Persistent warping of rotors.