Used 2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Middle Aged but Still Rocks
By Kenneth Deyer

2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car had some problems with the air bag sensor which required to be replaced by the dealership [under warranty]. With a few upgrades, new shocks and struts + some after market 18 inch alloy rims and handling has greatly improved. [~$2500 for entire package]. With a few interior upgrades such a new MP3 compatible stereo and GPS, completes the picture.

Favorite Features

The handling and acceleration. The gas mileage ~28 mpg. A few strangers over the last few years have asked if I was planning to sell it. Unfortunately, I am not planning to sell my car anytime soon.

Suggested Improvements

a better higher performance exhaust system. Easier replacement access to the headlights and the battery.

Accord
By Lenny Mai

2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 01 Lx V6 coupe and my cousin has a 2000 TL. believe me the interior is very much alike leather and trim. Accord is the fun car to drive even though it lacked in speed, but after some basic modifications it can be real tough competitor with the 3.0liter SOHC 24valve

Favorite Features

In-car garage opener, 6 disc CD changer, moonroof

Suggested Improvements

Make it an AWD. Make V6 stickshift give more HP

V6 coupe better than any domestic by far
By Jon

2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With gas prices so high I'd get the V4 instead but the V6 can keep up with any domestic coupe. The ride quality is outstanding and as always it's very reliable. Get the recalled transmission fixed (free at Honda) and the performance and already smooth ride improves. This is my 3rd Accord in a row and until they disappoint me I'll keep on getting them.

Favorite Features

Cancel button for the cruise control on the steering wheel so you don't have to tap the brakes. Dual compartment center console. Rear seat beverage holders.

Suggested Improvements

Change the roof pillars. They create an aweful blindspot.

Lemon
By sucker5423

2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I heard Honda cars were so reliable. Not mine. I must have gotten a lemon. Transmission leak, and a bunch of minor, non-engine, problems.

This car is great
By Hondanewbie

2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. It's my first too. It's a shame is doesn't have quite the sporty look I'd like but I got it for a great price and it has everything I want too. The engine is powerful and the gas mileage is incredible. I would recommmend this to everyone.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is very good for a car that size. Around the town I'm getting around 200-250 mpg. The engine in the V6 is great too. It doesn't take on mustangs but it holds it own.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like a more sportier look. The spoiler needs to be a bit higher. I'd also like a little more power in it. The acura has more why not the honda.