Used 2001 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

300k miles and still going strong!
By jump man

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

purchased this car 3 years ago due to me reading good reviews about how reliable it is and the reviews were right. I put 25k miles per year on it. Super reliable, comfortable and drives great.. even in the snow. my cruise control doesn't work anymore which is a bummer but everything else works great. if you need a comfortable low maintenance car to get you from A to B this is the best bang for the buck.. I wonder if I could break a record and put 1,000,000 miles on it

love this car
By love4honda

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in 2008 from a friend who was the second owner. I drive this car like crazy around town and have put on over 100k miles in the last few years. My car now has about 220k miles and is still running great. The clutch still hasn't needed to be replaced. Have had to do the normal maintenance on it like belts, spark plugs, tires, battery, brakes and of course the AC, but that goes for any old car. Yeah the windows don't even roll down any more, but that's because both windows had been broken into and had to be replaced by first and second owners. I honestly think this car can go at least another 100k if I continue to take good care of it!!!

leather, controls on steering wheel, comfort of seats.

Honda needs to improve on AC quality.

Hmm........Honda--such a great car??
By TAZKBJR

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, I am the second owner of this car. I bought this 01 Honda Accord from my step-mom at the beginning of May 2010. As I write this review, the check engine light has come on (and gone off) twice. In the length of time that I have "known" this car, there have been multiple problems. I know for a fact the trans. has been replaced twice, first time was to replace the original faulty trans, and the second replace was because of a faulty trans. and it was within three weeks of first replacement. This is my first Honda and I am truly wondering what is so great! My '94 Escort has fewer problems than this "wonderful and reliable" Honda, my next car probably won't be a Honda.

Love the sporty look with my spoiler! Design of the car is cool Power driver seat

Moonroof needs to open wider MPG for a 4-cyl.

Middle Aged but Still Rocks
By Kenneth Deyer

2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car had some problems with the air bag sensor which required to be replaced by the dealership [under warranty]. With a few upgrades, new shocks and struts + some after market 18 inch alloy rims and handling has greatly improved. [~$2500 for entire package]. With a few interior upgrades such a new MP3 compatible stereo and GPS, completes the picture.

The handling and acceleration. The gas mileage ~28 mpg. A few strangers over the last few years have asked if I was planning to sell it. Unfortunately, I am not planning to sell my car anytime soon.

a better higher performance exhaust system. Easier replacement access to the headlights and the battery.

Purchased used...
By Scott

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My Accord is fully equipped, with leather interior... had 89k on it when I bought it and has 112K now. Absolutely perfect. It's a dream to drive (with one exception to be noted) comfortable and great ergos... took a 400-mile trip and aside from the usual stops, drove straight through. Got out of the car like I'd gone to the store and back... that comfortable. Styling is impressive to me, the engine is very responsive and I've gotten a high of 34mpg on the road... 21 +- around town.

Styling, comfort, responsiveness.

Power steering is too stiff. I compared mine with others at a dealership, even new ones... same story. That's the only complaint I have about this car.