2001 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2001 Accord Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
love this car
By love4honda

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in 2008 from a friend who was the second owner. I drive this car like crazy around town and have put on over 100k miles in the last few years. My car now has about 220k miles and is still running great. The clutch still hasn't needed to be replaced. Have had to do the normal maintenance on it like belts, spark plugs, tires, battery, brakes and of course the AC, but that goes for any old car. Yeah the windows don't even roll down any more, but that's because both windows had been broken into and had to be replaced by first and second owners. I honestly think this car can go at least another 100k if I continue to take good care of it!!!

Favorite Features

leather, controls on steering wheel, comfort of seats.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to improve on AC quality.

Hmm........Honda--such a great car??
By TAZKBJR

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, I am the second owner of this car. I bought this 01 Honda Accord from my step-mom at the beginning of May 2010. As I write this review, the check engine light has come on (and gone off) twice. In the length of time that I have "known" this car, there have been multiple problems. I know for a fact the trans. has been replaced twice, first time was to replace the original faulty trans, and the second replace was because of a faulty trans. and it was within three weeks of first replacement. This is my first Honda and I am truly wondering what is so great! My '94 Escort has fewer problems than this "wonderful and reliable" Honda, my next car probably won't be a Honda.

Favorite Features

Love the sporty look with my spoiler! Design of the car is cool Power driver seat

Suggested Improvements

Moonroof needs to open wider MPG for a 4-cyl.

Middle Aged but Still Rocks
By Kenneth Deyer

2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car had some problems with the air bag sensor which required to be replaced by the dealership [under warranty]. With a few upgrades, new shocks and struts + some after market 18 inch alloy rims and handling has greatly improved. [~$2500 for entire package]. With a few interior upgrades such a new MP3 compatible stereo and GPS, completes the picture.

Favorite Features

The handling and acceleration. The gas mileage ~28 mpg. A few strangers over the last few years have asked if I was planning to sell it. Unfortunately, I am not planning to sell my car anytime soon.

Suggested Improvements

a better higher performance exhaust system. Easier replacement access to the headlights and the battery.

Purchased used...
By Scott

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My Accord is fully equipped, with leather interior... had 89k on it when I bought it and has 112K now. Absolutely perfect. It's a dream to drive (with one exception to be noted) comfortable and great ergos... took a 400-mile trip and aside from the usual stops, drove straight through. Got out of the car like I'd gone to the store and back... that comfortable. Styling is impressive to me, the engine is very responsive and I've gotten a high of 34mpg on the road... 21 +- around town.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, responsiveness.

Suggested Improvements

Power steering is too stiff. I compared mine with others at a dealership, even new ones... same story. That's the only complaint I have about this car.

Great looking, reliable, but boring car.
By Oleg

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine 5 months ago and even though I find its reliability quite impressive, I still can't figure out why this car was made: It's a sporty looking coupe, but it was never offered as a stick shift, has a very soft suspension and visually deceiving configuration - its long body suggests RWD but being a Honda it never came as such. AWD was never offered in US either. Other than that - the J30A1 motor provides great fuel economy for a V6, the ride is smooth and comfortable, and most things in the interior are conveniently located and make sense.

Favorite Features

Looks. That's the first for sure. Reliable engine, 6-disk changer AND a cassette deck, leather interior, power seats, and a surprisingly effective TCS switch. Stable on the road. Bigger wheels than the 4-cyl model. Nice rims.

Suggested Improvements

Boring Drive. One thing it needs the most is a stick shift. Honda realized this and took care of it with the next generation model. Tighter suspension, perhaps, and maybe an optional 4WD system would fill the loopholes in this model. Also the headlights seem a bit too dim.

3rd Accord
By Doug

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love Accords and will continue to buy them. They seem to go through 3 year stretches of good looking then plain and back again. Very reliable but pricey to fix. I took the remote door lock off my key ring because the panic button has a hair trigger, it starts the horn honking by itself in your pocket.

Favorite Features

This V6 engine is a precision instrument.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility while backing up from parking spaces. Offer this with a manual shift. Rattles in dash cover and moon roof.

Sporty and SAFE!
By cyndi80

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was in a major accident in my 01 Accord coupe in July 07. Someone ran a stop sign and plowed into me going about 30 miles/hr. Although the car was totaled, I walked away without a scratch and did not even have soreness or a headache the next day! In all honesty, I did not buy the car for anything other than fun and sportiness. I am so glad I did though. I am convinced I would have been hurt in another car (the other driver was non-seriously injured). I felt so safe and good about my car, I went out and bought a new Accord, and refused to look at anything else! What a great car.

Favorite Features

Other than safety and design to hold up in an accident, I would say the driver seat and controls are excellent, they seem to all be in the right place and easy to figure out and adjust while driving. Love steering wheel mounted radio controls.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise (sometimes noticeable on the highway).

01 coupe w/ bad trans
By kat

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with approx. 52K miles on it. The transmission went out around 60K and although it was under warranty, I am very disappointed that it needed a new one. It is having similar problems now with the new trans and a friend of mine with an 02 model had her trans replaced also. I think the car interior etc is of good quality (no squeaks or rattles) and the exterior is nice looking. The stereo is just "ok". All in all, I am ready to trade for fear of needing a new trans after the extended warranty runs out.

Favorite Features

leather interior

Suggested Improvements

better stereo; more reliable transmission

The car that really sells itself
By Leslie Harris

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car that I have every had. In fact all the Hondas that I have owned have been excellent vehicles, that is what keeps me coming back for more. With 98,000 miles it still rides solid, strong and true.

Favorite Features

I just love the color and the shape of the coupe fell in love with it the moment I saw it in the dealership lot with the plastic still on. Not like other cars even though it is an older bodystyle it still looks distinctive.

Suggested Improvements

MORE HORSE POWER. Let's face it, the with the cost of the car the base horsepower for an EX should have at least been 200.

A Solid Car...with Class
By JCToro

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Honda Accord new. The car is very comfortable for a family of two (husband and wife). Getting into the back seat can be difficult for additional adult passengers (especially if they are not average in size). After almost five years, my Honda Accord looks and runs great. The only problem I have encountered was to replace the power door lock actuator (twice on the passenger side door). It is a car I truly enjoy driving. The V-6 engine has all the power you will need on the highway. This is the third Honda that I have purchased in the past ten years.

Favorite Features

The V-6 engine; sporty look; leather interior, easy to reach controls for operation of car accessories.

Suggested Improvements

Visibilty from rearview mirror seems limited. Easier accessibility and additional space in the back seat area of the automobile.