Used 2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Grandma car with only 79,000
By yohahn_bravo

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the acceleration of the 6 cylinder. When the v-tec kicks in it really pulls. The car makes a whirring sound until 3,400 when it starts to sound angry. This engine is strong and responsive at all speeds. Passing power is exceptional and the car never feels breathless even when floored. The seats are comfortable for me and everything is within reach. My only complaint is the lack of hip room. I used to have a maxima which was huge, I was a bit spoiled with space. I realize this and the Odyssey define a marginal Honda transmission but I have never felt a slip or rough shift so far and praying for 180k out of the transmission. I do mostly highway driving so the 4 speed doesn't always have

Favorite Features

six cylinder engine

Suggested Improvements

transmission issues, decrease wind noise and increase driver side interior room.

Owned for 13 years and counting...
By Pat

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2002 with 35,000 mils on it. I just hit 273,000 miles and this baby is still going strong. The wheel wells are starting to get body rot, but I have nothing negative to say about this car.

Excellent
By zdoyle1

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2001 Accord Ex-L V6 with 218k miles. I tend to be quite hard on this car but it doesn't seem to mind. I have owned it for 5 years now with no major issues- I did have the timing belt replaced around 175k miles and a new hole drilled for the oil pan around 215k miles. I still average 25 mpg around town! Anyone who rides in my car is always surprised to learn how high the mileage is. This car has made me loyal to Honda and I will never understand why people would choose to own anything of lesser quality.

Favorite Features

Leather Quality- 218k miles and no rips or major wear- seats still look and feel very nice! Acceleration- the V6 is very peppy and loves to rev. Makes a nice sound and is way faster than it needs to be- extremely fun to drive!

Trans Sucks
By manoh

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car by believing all the reviews and got dashed my head. With in one week of buying the Honda Accord EX V6 my transmission started giving problem. It got started slipping and engine light blinks and D4 light started blinking. Took it to mechanic and he told that need to rebuild transmission which could be $2000. If you still would like to go for this car , you are great!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Honda knows this problem so need to given warranty replacement irrespective of mileage limitaitons.

I'm going to keep it
By bizemoma

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car in 2002 with 19K. It now has 124K. We have done oil changes, major services, breaks, tires and that is it. This car goes where ever we need it to. I know this car will go another 200K if taken care of. We have been very happy with this. When it is time to get a new car I will purchase another Honda Accord.

Favorite Features

leather, 6 CD changer, Audio controls on stearing wheel.

Suggested Improvements

a little more cushey in the seats