Used 2001 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Proved to be a reliable car.
By pcast99

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Accord EX 2.3 Vtec with 176,000 miles and it still runs like it did fifteen years ago. It is my second car, and by all means it is a godsend compared to what I owned before. This car starts up, drives straight as an arrow and shifts without hesitation. And for being as old as it is and spending it's life in Ohio and it's winters it has hardly any rust on it. The interior is fairly roomy and comfy for what it is. Don't get why some say it's stiff on the highway it feels fine to me.

As looks go it's pretty bland, so don't expect any eye catching around town. But if you want dependable transportation that won't leave you stranded look no further.

I loved my Accord
By cadyyy1993

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got a "lemon" my honda has had 5 transmissions, the driver window won't roll down anymore, lots of electrical issues. My car only has 155,000 miles on it and it's way too much to fix now its having engine problems.

i love the sunroof, and the controls on the steering wheel.. AMAZING :)

UGH u DAMN TRANS
By peteytemple

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 Accord and noticed some slipping within the first week from the Trans. Brought it back and they replaced it. Start driving down the road and realize the Shifting in the car is worse than it was b4. Brought it back and now they are fixing it again. Honestly after reading all the reviews about how this car has major transmission problems, I may just return the car. Something in my gut tells me to return it now b4 the 30 days is up and then to get screwed.

Solid Car
By gary from IL

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new 9 years ago. Now have 126M miles. It replaced a 1992 Accord my wife wrecked. The 1992 was a little smaller and more fun to drive. They keep making these Accords bigger and bigger. Honda replaced my transmission for free a few years back. Even gave me a rental for the day, so no sweat off my back. Great reliability, great interior design. Exterior is a little bland, especially compared to the new Accords. Driver seat hurts my old back after an hour or so. No rattles, no rust , no repairs except for normal maintenance. Mileage could be better, especially around town. Hope to drive it another 5 years until I can afford a new one!

Interior layout, reliability