Used 2001 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent car in terms of reliability and performance.
By pcast99

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Accord EX 2.3 Vtec with 176,000 miles and it still runs like it did thirteen years ago. It is my second car, and by all means it is a godsend compared to what I owned before. This car starts up, drives straight as an arrow and shifts without hesitation. And for being as old as it is and spending it's life in Ohio and it's winters it has hardly any rust on it. The interior is fairly roomy and comfy for what it is. Don't get why some say it's stiff on the highway it feels fine to me. As looks go it's pretty bland, so don't expect any eye catching around town. It's also a bit pricy, so if you look into getting one make sure it's in tip top shape.

Favorite Features

-The rust-proof undercoating it has really holds up over time if you live where salt is commonplace in the winter. -Very strong reliability, it's never left me stranded. I've seen these go over 300k with original motor's and tranny's. -The A/C still blows ice cold after thirteen years. -Gets good gas mileage on the highway, i can no, joke, get well over 400 miles on a full tank on the freeway. -It's cheap to fix up and easier than others as well. -Has high re-sale value if you look into fixing one up.

Suggested Improvements

-The four cylinder model has very little power, so if speed is your game this isn't the car for you. -It also gets rather sub par to average mpg's in the city, expect only about 300 total on a full tank around town. -As I mentioned above the styling is bland so don't expect whistle's and snap shots when driving. -This car is also priced high, which if mechanically sound isn't much an issue but be careful and look closely is buying one of these.

I loved my Accord
By cadyyy1993

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got a "lemon" my honda has had 5 transmissions, the driver window won't roll down anymore, lots of electrical issues. My car only has 155,000 miles on it and it's way too much to fix now its having engine problems.

Favorite Features

i love the sunroof, and the controls on the steering wheel.. AMAZING :)

UGH u DAMN TRANS
By peteytemple

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 Accord and noticed some slipping within the first week from the Trans. Brought it back and they replaced it. Start driving down the road and realize the Shifting in the car is worse than it was b4. Brought it back and now they are fixing it again. Honestly after reading all the reviews about how this car has major transmission problems, I may just return the car. Something in my gut tells me to return it now b4 the 30 days is up and then to get screwed.

Solid Car
By gary from IL

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new 9 years ago. Now have 126M miles. It replaced a 1992 Accord my wife wrecked. The 1992 was a little smaller and more fun to drive. They keep making these Accords bigger and bigger. Honda replaced my transmission for free a few years back. Even gave me a rental for the day, so no sweat off my back. Great reliability, great interior design. Exterior is a little bland, especially compared to the new Accords. Driver seat hurts my old back after an hour or so. No rattles, no rust , no repairs except for normal maintenance. Mileage could be better, especially around town. Hope to drive it another 5 years until I can afford a new one!

Favorite Features

Interior layout, reliability

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable driver seat. Better Mileage. More sporty styling