2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Problems!
By meyerzone on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had a lot of problems with this vehicle. Hondas are great cars but have had many problems with this one. With only 33,000 miles we have had loud noise problems that took 3 attempts to fix. In addition the transmission has been replaced and the altinator.

Not what I expected!
By breatherguy on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new as a "demo" model. Vehicle was great for about 9 months. Then the fan switch quit working on the lower settings. That was replaced under warranty. THEN, a "transmission" recall. The transmission still doesn't work right. When the vehicle is setting flat and you put it into D4, the vehicle hesitates to engage for about 3-5 seconds. Took it back to the "local dealer PLOHAL HONDA" and they insist nothing is wrong. Now, the blower fan quit working "again".Finally this summer the air conditioner emits warm air. The local maintenance person put his hand up the the vent and said, "well it feels ok to me". I anticipated better testing!

Watch out for the transmission!!
By Hondawoman on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my Honda 1.5 years and I need a transmission already. The dealership said there was a glitch in this particular year of Honda Accords. I never got anything in the mail telling me that. Thank goodness I still have 2,000 miles left on my warranty. New transmission shipped in from Japan-$4,500, 2 or 3 days of a rental car and labor? Hmmm, sounds a little expensive, even for a Honda!!