2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
EGR Valve problems
By sg15 on 02/08/15 21:23 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way the car drives. I would have given better ratings if it weren't for a couple of reliability issues: 1) The EGR valve warning has been a recurring problem. The first time at 74K miles I did not know Honda had a TSB to replace it and replace a tube with a wider tube. I got the valve replaced at a repair chain. Through its TSB Honda increased its warranty to 80K miles. Now, the EGR valve warning is back at 87K miles. Honda refuses to cover this under warranty. There is a lot of discussion about this problem on the web. Clearly there is a problem with Honda's EGR valves. I think Honda should stand by its products. I don't understand why number of years matters for this.

Excellent
By zdoyle1 on 02/06/15 07:49 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2001 Accord Ex-L V6 with 218k miles. I tend to be quite hard on this car but it doesn't seem to mind. I have owned it for 5 years now with no major issues- I did have the timing belt replaced around 175k miles and a new hole drilled for the oil pan around 215k miles. I still average 25 mpg around town! Anyone who rides in my car is always surprised to learn how high the mileage is. This car has made me loyal to Honda and I will never understand why people would choose to own anything of lesser quality.

Excellent car in terms of reliability and performance.
By pcast99 on 11/11/14 09:06 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Accord EX 2.3 Vtec with 176,000 miles and it still runs like it did thirteen years ago. It is my second car, and by all means it is a godsend compared to what I owned before. This car starts up, drives straight as an arrow and shifts without hesitation. And for being as old as it is and spending it's life in Ohio and it's winters it has hardly any rust on it. The interior is fairly roomy and comfy for what it is. Don't get why some say it's stiff on the highway it feels fine to me. As looks go it's pretty bland, so don't expect any eye catching around town. It's also a bit pricy, so if you look into getting one make sure it's in tip top shape.

Trans Sucks
By manoh on 08/07/14 12:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car by believing all the reviews and got dashed my head. With in one week of buying the Honda Accord EX V6 my transmission started giving problem. It got started slipping and engine light blinks and D4 light started blinking. Took it to mechanic and he told that need to rebuild transmission which could be $2000. If you still would like to go for this car , you are great!!!!!!!!

I love my Honda
By planegeek614 on 10/28/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought my Accord from a dealer. While I have had to replace the clutch hydraulics and two coolant hoses, this car has been incredible. I drove 750 miles to Oregon and I got 32 mpg with the A/C on, driving 75 mph, with a ton of stuff in the trunk! The interior is a little dated, but this is a fantastic car. If you buy one of these, check that the timing belt and water pump have been replace, and stay away from the automatic transmissions, I've heard horror stories. But the great thing is that the manual transmission is better suited to the 2.3 liter engine anyway.

181k Miles and Counting!
By sunnydriver on 08/31/13 06:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It is a great car! I need an upgrade since I Have 2 kids. I Have a coupe so it is inconvenient to get in and out of. But I love it! Fixing to sell it. I bought it in Dec 2000. No problems yet!

160k and still going strong
By mikroma1 on 08/29/13 23:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My first car that I have ever bought back in April of 2010 with 108,000 miles. Now in August of 2013, I have put 52 k miles on it with very little maintenance. It's becoming an old car, so naturally, it isn't as equipped as new cars with usb/ipod, navigation, lane-watch, etc. That being said, it is hard to find lots of features in this outdated 2001 accord. Back then, I am sure the standard features in this car were up to date and seemed fresh, even for the less expensive lx trim. With its durable engine, you can really push it which makes it fun. Has original clutch and brake rotors which still work like new. All I had to replace was a left front and left rearbushing on the sway bar

Excellent commuter car...
By freddys555 on 06/21/13 18:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Living in Chicago and having a hellish daily commute, I decided to take my younger brother's Honda Accord with 156,000 miles. The reliability is simply amazing. There has been no mechanical/electronic problems since purchase in 2001. The VTEC engine loves to rev and performs very well for a family type sedan. The double wishbone suspension is solid and gives back exactly what you put into it. There has been some minor interior issues but nothing abnormal. The transmission, in which Honda's quality suffered between 1999-2003, is starting to feel jerky. The headlamps made by Stanley are showing its age. Overall, this has been an impressive sedan with impeccable reliability.

I loved my Accord
By cadyyy1993 on 07/26/12 17:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I got a "lemon" my honda has had 5 transmissions, the driver window won't roll down anymore, lots of electrical issues. My car only has 155,000 miles on it and it's way too much to fix now its having engine problems.

love this car
By love4honda on 07/19/12 11:40 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in 2008 from a friend who was the second owner. I drive this car like crazy around town and have put on over 100k miles in the last few years. My car now has about 220k miles and is still running great. The clutch still hasn't needed to be replaced. Have had to do the normal maintenance on it like belts, spark plugs, tires, battery, brakes and of course the AC, but that goes for any old car. Yeah the windows don't even roll down any more, but that's because both windows had been broken into and had to be replaced by first and second owners. I honestly think this car can go at least another 100k if I continue to take good care of it!!!