Was My Mom's Car
By jeffoweho on
2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan
I just inherited my Mom's Accord in 10/10. I hand picked it for her in 07/00. I got a great deal 4 her, $22k out the door. She only drove it 60k mi. I sold my 93HondaDelSol (I bought brand new 08/15/92-that car was AWESOME)[thought since I'm over 40 now, a bit more mature car will serve me (and friends) better] I am really grateful to get to drive this car - it drives just as good as the day she got it. The transmission does act a little funny when backing into my parking space; she did get it repaired under recall but, I should follow up with the dealer when I get the timing belt done. Need new tires. I drive very little so it should last me another 10+yrs! I do miss my Mom though!
Favorite Features
I love how solid it feels. It is so smooth and feels luxurious. I like that it is a V6. I also like sliding into position easily because of the leather seats, set the auto climate control to a cool 64 degrees, slide open the moonroof and play some custom tunes on the stock premium stereo. I am appreciating the automatic transmission and my friends are appreciating that I can finally take my turn driving us around town. My stick shift two-seater DelSol was a bit more selfish car (but it worked for me for 18 years!) And living in Los Angeles, it's nice to not have to shift the manual transmission anymore (But I do miss my DelSol when cruising over Laurel Canyon!!) Honda rules!
Suggested Improvements
Things I need/want to do to make this car perfect:1-get the bumpers touched up & get a tiny bit of body work done (the hood has 2 little dents) 2-do the timing belt/water pump. I think I will go to the dealer for this (and follow up on the transmission repair that was supposedly done years ago under recall) 3-replace the tires; probably go w/ V-rated Michelin's again as they really are smooth 4-the driver's seat seems a tiny bit loose, need to have that checked out (might be from the lojack installed under the seat-Not sure though); and 5- maybe update w/ a new stereo/nav/blue-tooth system so I can be apart of today's "modern driving world." This car seems worth it to get all this done!