2000 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Transmission at 70K?

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Transmission at 70K?
By Steve on

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought used Accord EX with 41K. Our transmission failed at 70K but I reported issues much earlier. Honda America was rude and irresponsible about transmission failure. They refused to own up and replace my transmission despite the class action suit requiring them to do so. Honda quality is far overrated. Parts and labor are very expensive also. Ride is not great on 2000 and seems worse in newer Accords. Interior is very nice although seats are not comfortable on long rides. Hope new transmission makes it to 150K. Honda has had a lot of issues with transmissions on Accord, Civic, and Odyssey. Like I said, much overrated for quality. Daughter's 99 Accord was an absolute money pit.

Fairly nice interior. Newer Accords have gone plastic. Give me a break. Handles and performs acceptably.

Too late now but fuel economy is poor for a small 4-cylinder vehicle. More supportive seats. Honda America needs to treat its customers better. They remain arrogant and uncaring about their customers. Forget Honda.