2000 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Report on My Honda Accord

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Report on My Honda Accord
By jjmax on

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My Accord, 4 dr EX has been a good car for me. A few things have happened that were negatives. The transmission went out on Dec. 24, 2002 at 51,000. Fortunately, Honda had just sent me a note saying that they were extending the warranty from 50,000 to 100,000 so the transmission was replaced at no cost to me. I was in a state of shock because I have believed that Honda was the best. Also, I do not like the set up for drink holders and my wife dislikes the deep glove compartment she cannot see into. But, I would buy another Honda--but it will be a stick shift. I'm through with automatic transmissions! I think I'll try a Civic.

I like the fold down rear seat. I also like the little door in the arm rest of the back seat that allows me to haul a few pieces of lumber 8 or 10 feet long. I like the visibility for the driver.

Let's get the transmission right. Surely engineers have had enough years to figure this out.