2000 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Not as reliable as previous

2000 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Review

Not as reliable as previous
By Mark on

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I never had many problems when I owned my 1994 Accord EX and unfortunately this one, 2000 Accord EX v6 Coupe, has not been as reliable. It seems there were a few years where Honda models had issues with carbon build-up in the engine and I was an unfortunate victim. $2400 later and still have some minor issues with though nothing serious. Had all but two valves replaced due to carbon build-up burnt and cracked valves. Also just recently I spent another $1500 due to power steering pump and fluid leak in rack and pinion. Merry Christmas to me. These repair items, though costly, are to be expected for the most part although I would have preferred a little better reliability.

Leather, interior comfort, aesthetics, body style, even with all the plastic parts that exist they are still high- grade quality compared to what I've seen with newer models (check out the Honda Fit for extremely cheap and thin plastic parts).

Transmission (could be a little smoother), road noise (very noisy on freeway), headlamp build-up (use mother's plastic polish to get rid of it).