Love this Accord
By mdurkin on
2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan
I bought this car in 2000 and have owned it for 8 and half years. In that time I have put 135,000 trouble-free miles on it. Literally, no problems, not one. I have maintained it well, but have never had anything break on it. I am giving this car to my son this weekend, I am sad to see it go, but he needs a car and can't drive a manual transmission, so I am giving it up. It feels like a divorce. I have loved this car, and expect it to last another 10 years with good maintenance. Good fuel economy, about 25 around town, 30 to 33 on highway with cruise control. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new car.
Favorite Features
The reason I bought the car was for the reliability, and it doesn't disappoint in that regard. Excellent quality, good ride, great handling, well designed. The dials and gauges make sense, they are within reach and easy to see.
Suggested Improvements
The one thing I have never liked about the accord is that I think it's a loud car. Also, compared to many other cars, it's not the most comfortable car I have ridden in. But, I didn't buy it for that reason, I bought it for the expected reliability, and it delivered well on that point.