I love my Honda
By pbhonda on
2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan
I bought my Accord brand new in July 2000. I have put 158,000 trouble-free miles on it. I cannot say enough about this car. It recently suffered some pretty severe damage in a hail storm, so I am stuck driving a 2007 Chrysler Sebring while it is in the shop. I miss my car so much. My "old" Honda would absolutely kick the Chryslers! I will never buy anything but a Honda. It drives wonderfully, is reliable, and has proven to be a very safe car. Rear-ended by a Ford Mustang a couple years ago. Only a couple scrapes on the bumper, the Mustang did not fare as well. The only things I don't like are 1. the transmission hesitates to shift in stop-and-go traffic and 2. brakes could be better.
Favorite Features
Steering - perfect weighting, very smooth and precise. Reliability, of course. And, I personally think it is a beautiful car - simple, clean lines.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission programming. All Hondas seem to have a problem in stop-and-go traffic. The transmission does not shift from 2nd to 1st until you almost come to a complete stop. If you get back on the gas, it hesitates and then slams into gear. Trans. has lasted 158k though. Needs more powerful brakes.