Don't try a Honda!
By bcav on
2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan
I bought this car from a private seller after owning a '98, should have sold and had a car payment. I have changed numerous brakes, rotors and calipers, and rear wheel hubs $600(i did the labor). Sway bar bushings went $400. But misdiagnosed as needed 4 new struts $800.EGR port in upper intake clogged common problem new EGR $150 for parts.Transmission metal line that goes to radiator rusted out and started leaking before i knew it, at the same time I thought the front wheel bearings were going. Garage couldn't diagnose it, 2 months later, got P0740 code. Transmission failing! $2,300 to rebuild. decided to buy from junk yard $1,700 with install,no warranty but not my problem. kept it to 137k
Favorite Features
200 HP is fun with new tune-up.
Suggested Improvements
Build a better transmission that can hold up to salt and road grime. and when your redesign for 2003 don't keep using the same crappy designs and flaws. stay away for all honda accords and odysseys!
By hondatoyota2
on 03/08/11 22:55 PM (PST)

I agree that the automatic transmission in this car is less than savory, mine still hasn't gone yet at 189000. I have had a couple acquaintances replace theirs, either at Honda expense, or if after the mileage that is allowed, for a discounted price. My cousin had hers replaced on her dime at the dealership for around $1500. Not bad, as it was also the updated tranny, weak points bulked up. Some of the figures in this review seem bloated. I have an automatic and haven't had it go out yet. Most people I have talked to stated their transmission swap at the dealership, with a beefed up transmission, spent arount $1500, not 2300. Also, I got brand new sway bar bushings that made my ride tighter and noise free and it cost me around $20 with shipping. Shop around. I go all genuine Honda.