2000 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Accord 2000
By Ricahrd Narvadez on 04/23/05 16:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I believe this is the most reliable car out in the street in its category. It never failed on me at 92,000 miles. Ride quality though is affected by the kind of tires. My original MXV4 plus were the best in cornering and hadling, but my replacement, Michelin X Radial (from Sam's) got very harsh and bumpy as they age. My car is still very solid. I love it, and will keep it. My next vehicle is , for sure, another Honda Accord.

Good Car but Bad Dealer
By Joker on 04/19/05 01:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a Certified Used Car 2000 Honda Accord EX V6. Some problems that I have is The windshield glass were cracked, part of the seats were falling apart and I did fixed it by myself, the clock's LED were burnt out (they changed it), promised to give me Carfax but nothing they gave me, no master keys (only valet key), the rear bulb brake light wasn't installed correctly, the side airbags light comes up suddenly, and now the 'Maintennance Required' light comes up. Other than that is fine. Very comfy, powerful but quiet and smooth, stylish, roomy interior, huge legroom, and many more. The bad thing is just the pedals needs to be adjusted and loosen up a little bit, now it's too sti

Excellent overall sedan!!
By Justin Espineli on 04/18/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this vechicle used with 88,000 mi. Changed timing belt at 100,000 mi. Had problem with EGR valve and had it replaced by Honda. Other than that, car runs like new. Very comfortable for commuting, but this car really shines on the highway. Calm, poised ride with little road noise. V6 power is excellent mid-range(60-90 mph). Exterior styling is a little bland and stock stereo provides average sound quality. Interior materials are high quality and feel solid. Ergonomics are excellent. Previous car was a '92 Accord with 215,000 mi. I expect this car to last even longer. I definitely recommend the Honda Accord (new or used) to the potential buyer.

2000 EX v6
By Rhonda on 03/25/05 09:51 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new. Had no problems till around 80,000 miles. Transmission started to slip. Took it to dealer who said there was no problem, changed the transmission fluid. Since then, transmission has gotten worse and Honda will not help with the problem. They will do a 50/50 on cost of refurbished transmission since I am now over the 100,000 extension, over $1500 my cost! Dealer said they do not work on transmissions, only replace them. Now have over 114,000 miles on car and other than transmission, have no other major complaints about the car. Wind noise on higway is loud, but I just turn up the radio. Honda of Ocala is a terrible dealership all around - sales, service, etc

So easy to drive
By howardc64 on 03/20/05 00:14 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is so easy to drive. You feel like it is driving itself. You feel firm and in control with the car interpreting every steering input precisely. Reliability is as advertised. In 5 years of ownership, I have had 1 failure (light for the clock, $3 part and trivial to replace)

It's not great but not bad
By Decent car on 03/09/05 15:10 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The transmission has a lot to be desired. It has been replaced once and is still acting up. The body is flimsy (dented by someone leaning against the fender. The paint is terrible (does not hold up well to pebbles and road debris. Will not hold an alignment for too long. One bright light quick working (replaced bulb and still doesn't work). Gas gage has never read full even when filled to the brim.

Nice car, but could be better.
By Stephen from MD on 02/08/05 00:13 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car has excellent power, especially by comparison to other cars in its class. The leather seats are nice, but not quite adjustable enough for a driver my height (6'3"). The same goes for the steering wheel which is way too close to the top of my knees even after raising all the way up, forcing my legs into a somewhat awkward position and not being able to extend the steering wheel stinks. These last two problems may have been fixed on the newest model (2005). The sound system isn't the best either as the sound still sounds a bit muted at all volumes. All in all it's a pretty good car for the price I paid.

The worst midsize sedan available.
By beemerboy147 on 12/22/04 16:25 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I wouldn't reccommend this thing to my worst enemy. Outside, the design looks terrible and none of the panels are aligned properly. The sheet metal dents and bends very easily. The engine has no power, and runs with lots of drone and vibration, even on premium gas. Inside, materials are cheap. Period. There is plenty of road and wind noise, and poorly-sealed doors allow plenty of air to enter from the outside through the latch handles and window switches. The ride is stiff, and handling is lackluster at best. The interior is cramped, even up front. The backseat may be able to seat a Barbie doll, but it would be a tight fit. Reliability isn't that good either.

that Honda, so hot right now, Honda
By Jeremy Clark on 12/19/04 12:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

There is nothing bad that you can say about this car. Maybe a wish for heated seats (but that's only because I just moved to Chicago), other than that it's great. Great body design; stylish, sensible, not too big so you can't parallel in tight spaces (a must for Chicago or any big city). Great all-around car.

leader to perfection
By Jissac on 12/15/04 00:11 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a while and I've have not had no problems with it. I just cancelled my extended service contract cashing in on it because of the reliabity my Accord has! I fill safe and I also have a piece of mind knowing that I'm driving a awesome car. I purchased my Honda in Mexico City under the a certification program which is similar to the USA program but would not cover me on a brake down in the USA, thats odd. The only problem I really had was the maintaince light comes on but I just reset that puppy I think it had something to do when I brought it from Mexico City and US customs made me change the odometer from Kilos to miles, that was a bummer!!!!