2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I Love My '00 Honda
By lovemyhonda on 07/31/06 05:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my first Honda Accord 3 years ago. I was going through a divorce and told my salesperson that I needed a vehicle that would be dependable, low maintenance, safe and have good gas mileage. He recommended a '92 Honda Accord that was on his lot. I kept it for the weekend to test drive it, and I loved it! I was so impressed with the car, that when my son got his driver's license and I passed my car to him, I knew that I definitely wanted my new car to be another Honda Accord. It has everything you could want in a car. I have 100,000 miles on my car and I just got back from a 3,000 mile road trip. Not once did I ever doubt my car's reliability or safety. I love It!

Excellent Choice
By Nancy on 07/23/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and now have about 140,000 miles on it. I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off, which may take quite a while. It still runs and looks great! This car has more room in the back seat than some full size cars. I get at least 27 mpg hwy, sometimes more. SRS light was on for about a year and then Honda recognized that this was a basic safety feature and offered a recall, full replacement of defective sensor. I often travel on my job and can always rely on my car to get me there without any problems.

Car has been babied from day one.
By WILLIAM FLOREZ on 07/08/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a durable and a very comfortable automobile that will be around for a long time. All the service has been done to this car and it still runs like it's new.

2000 is the one bad year
By mcadoo11 on 06/06/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I love Honda Accords and owned the 1984 version for well over a dozen years but my 2000 Accord has been a bust, as the engine had to be replaced with just 64,000 miles on it. Consumer Reports show it is the one bad year for Accords.

Best Car to buy!
By A on 05/22/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I've owned many cars over the years. I am talking about Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes, Infinity, and of course Honda. I have a Honda Accord and even though the other cars that I've owned have served me well- my honda is MY favorite. In 60, 000 miles I have only changed the rotors and brakes, and the oil. Not that I am negligent- just that the car asks for little attention- it does it all and well! I am hating the fact that later on in life I will have to change cars and not be able to buy a new 2000 Honda Accord- I would've loved to buy two- keep one in the garage until I need it. The new models look great but the one I have is the best car to buy.

Great Car for the Money
By James on 03/21/06 22:49 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Honda for 6 years now. Have had NO problems with it and love the car.

Reliable and good looking
By Happy camper on 03/14/06 01:13 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car has been garaged entire time. Used for general around town and freeway driving--one long distance trip. All scheduled oil changes. one new battery. Scooter lift (automatic) installed in the trunk. No accidents. Ming finish. Looks (and acts like) new. "Loaded" with luxury extras. Moon roof. Cream color leather interior. One owner. Good gas mileage. "Squeaky" clean.

73k & still running like new
By Bw on 12/15/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I have put 42k miles on car and only replaced tires & brakes recently. Solid, sound, refined car. I have had to do nothing with. Drive it, change oil every 3500 miles, no major disappointments. Could have better leather upholstery, driver side shows above average wear. Decent sound system, sunroof "squeaks" randomly when closed, slightly oversteers (heavy car) but ABS and "smart" transmission controls car well when braking or turning/going downhill. Metallica paint is average, just keep it waxed. Interior is very nice, well appointed controls and feel, quiet ride and it looks great. Will easily put 150k miles on this car.

I love my Accord
By Ryan on 11/08/05 11:25 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. I purchased the car new with 20 miles on it. It's a 5 speed 4 cylinder so it could use a little more power. But this car has been problem free and has only had the maintenance done at 60,000 and 105,000 miles. Cruising at 108,000 miles to day. :)

Honda wins my money, hands down!
By Chad on 10/27/05 20:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord EX 4 cyl in October 2003 as a certified with 42K on it already. At 73K still perfect, with not a single problem, not even a burned out headlight. While it won't win any huge styling awards that's not what Honda cares about. They build and engine, then the car not a "cool" car with a crappy engine. Honda owner for life!