Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 259 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

8 years of fine
By Jeffery Allen

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

Had car for 8 years and a half. Original battery is still in the car. Had to replace the alternator for bad bearings. Did so with Honda parts. Never had a issue with the car. Interior is fine, all accessories have been excellent. roomy trunk, good room up front and the rear seat. Paint is great, I still get comments on the shine in the red. Engine really stays clean. Purchased the car with 30,500 miles on it in Feb. 2002. Great buy and possibly resell it soon and will get a great resell amount. So 8 years for $60 a month for the time owned. EXCELLENT

power seat, gas tank and trunk lid, remote for doors and trunk.

The only one 1 I can think of is he arm rest on the door. There needs to be a stronger backing in it.

Great vehicle
By swarun

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 years. It runs great. Very reliable. Has never stopped me on the road. The original battery lasted 9 1/2 years.

Transmission at 70K?
By Steve

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought used Accord EX with 41K. Our transmission failed at 70K but I reported issues much earlier. Honda America was rude and irresponsible about transmission failure. They refused to own up and replace my transmission despite the class action suit requiring them to do so. Honda quality is far overrated. Parts and labor are very expensive also. Ride is not great on 2000 and seems worse in newer Accords. Interior is very nice although seats are not comfortable on long rides. Hope new transmission makes it to 150K. Honda has had a lot of issues with transmissions on Accord, Civic, and Odyssey. Like I said, much overrated for quality. Daughter's 99 Accord was an absolute money pit.

Fairly nice interior. Newer Accords have gone plastic. Give me a break. Handles and performs acceptably.

Too late now but fuel economy is poor for a small 4-cylinder vehicle. More supportive seats. Honda America needs to treat its customers better. They remain arrogant and uncaring about their customers. Forget Honda.

Accord SE - Should have lasted longer ;(
By aliceBettyAnna

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

At 86,000 miles the transmission went on my 4 cylinder What a major disappointment. Could have gotten it fixed but it seemed to much $ to put into a ten year old car. Really sad and mad to see that Honda Accords have documented transmission problems. It was fun and reliable until then. Too mad at Honda to buy another one. Went Nissan Altima this time and am loving it.

was fun to drive around town

stand behind transmissions!

Honda
By D Mott

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been driving it ever since. When I had 250,000 KM on it I was told I needed a new transmission because it shifted hard and I mean hard it jolted the car and everything in it. I did some research and found that a solenoid on the transmission was to blame so I took it off and cleaned it and it fixed the problem. I haven't really done anything to this car but maintenance. I now have 570,000 KM (354,200 miles). I'm looking to replace it. This is my 3rd Honda and I have had great success with them and would recommend them to anyone. The car hasn't even started to rust in these cold snowy Canadian winter - that's something to say.