Used 2000 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Accord SE - Should have lasted longer ;(
By aliceBettyAnna

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

At 86,000 miles the transmission went on my 4 cylinder What a major disappointment. Could have gotten it fixed but it seemed to much $ to put into a ten year old car. Really sad and mad to see that Honda Accords have documented transmission problems. It was fun and reliable until then. Too mad at Honda to buy another one. Went Nissan Altima this time and am loving it.

was fun to drive around town

stand behind transmissions!

Honda
By D Mott

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been driving it ever since. When I had 250,000 KM on it I was told I needed a new transmission because it shifted hard and I mean hard it jolted the car and everything in it. I did some research and found that a solenoid on the transmission was to blame so I took it off and cleaned it and it fixed the problem. I haven't really done anything to this car but maintenance. I now have 570,000 KM (354,200 miles). I'm looking to replace it. This is my 3rd Honda and I have had great success with them and would recommend them to anyone. The car hasn't even started to rust in these cold snowy Canadian winter - that's something to say.

Great until trans went
By Annie

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We are the original owners of the Accord SE. It's been remarkably reliable for ten years. After 85k, the trans needs to be replaced. I don't want to put the $ in it but don't want to buy a new car either. It's disappointing to have the transmission go. We have meticulously maintained this car.

Just plain fun to drive.

2000 4dr EX
By Monty994

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new with high hopes of Honda quality. Unfortunately, I am at 160K and on my 3rd transmission. The first died at 95K and was replaced under warranty. The second died at 135K. Honda did contribute towards the trany and it only cost me $500. Otherwise the car has been pretty good. Other than the transmission, I have only had to replace my starter. Some interior dash lights are starting to die, but it is 10yrs old. The size of the trunk is huge and the car is relatively comfortable and has no problem rolling 80mph on the highway. So in short, I am happy, but expected better reliability from Honda

Large trunk and nice looking

The cup holder is in a bad place.

Transmission went out at 100k
By Roberta

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I Loved this car until at 100k or so transmission started slipping. Due to the design of these years I was advised not to change fluid- big mistake. Manual should have suggested in severe driving conditions like NYC stop and go, change fluid every 12k. Maybe it would have helped; maybe not but I decided to cash in at a paltry $1400 and try a Subaru. I miss the Honda am stressed thinking that if I bought another one (could only afford up to a 2002) the same thing could happen again. Honda should have covered warranty 125k miles and no year finality.

Solid feel when driving. Felt like a tank. Good feel on brakes.

More inside space to store things. Trunk dividers. Bumper guards. Hourly clock wasn't back lit.

• SUV