2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda wins my money, hands down!
By Chad on 10/27/05 20:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord EX 4 cyl in October 2003 as a certified with 42K on it already. At 73K still perfect, with not a single problem, not even a burned out headlight. While it won't win any huge styling awards that's not what Honda cares about. They build and engine, then the car not a "cool" car with a crappy engine. Honda owner for life!

Reliable Accord V6
By rzeles on 10/27/05 10:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my Accord EX-V6 back in May of 2000, and still have it. Has about 60K miles. Overall great, reliable car. Would recommend it to anyone. I agree the styling is a little bland, however, I prefer something not too flashy. To date, aside from tire rotations and oil changes, I have done a few things to it to keep it up and running. I too had the EGR value issue fixed by a local shop, and was promptly reimbursed via Honda after writing a short letter. (Great service). Replaced the tires, new alternator, trans fluid changes, and 2 brake jobs. With the transmission warranty extension to 7 yrs/100K miles, I'll keep it for another year or so. Overall great car, would recommend it.

Best car I've ever owned
By Laura on 10/22/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I love my 2000 Accord because it's so reliable and fun to drive. Although it lowers the fuel economy, I love the speed of the V6 and feel it's well worth it. I've owned it for over 2 years and never had a single problem with it (quite the opposite of past cars I've owned). The inside is very spacious and great for long road trips. If you take care of these cars, they will take care of you for a long time!

Awesome Honda
By jrios80 on 09/30/05 01:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Accord hs been one of the best cars I have ever owned. I guess lot has to do with my Accord being one of the few that's made in Japan

Very Happy
By Holly W. on 09/05/05 21:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this vehicle. This is my first car purchase and I couldn't be happier. It is a 2000 but only has 38700 miles. I had the dealership print me our a car history report and it has only had one owner and was very taken care of. I am very lucky I think becuase I believe Hondas are very reliable cars and I have always loved the Accords. I am happy with the interior since I came from driving a Civic. (liked it but definetly not as nice as the EXV6 Accord!) I love the power and the features!

Sold On It
By Sold On It on 08/12/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car is solid. The engine is peppy, it handles great. The fit and finish is good and at 63,000 miles it drives like new. I only get 29mph (lead foot) wish I got more. CD Skips and there are a few rattles in sun visors. All minor. It drives so smooth and feels good. Outside is a bit conservative. The rear is nice, but the front is boaring. Wish it had a compartment for the garage door opener. I love my 5 speed. The front seat is not very confortable and the clutch pedal is too far away. Still love it.

No more American cars 4 me!
By Pigeon on 08/06/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

4 cyl with all power. I have not had any mechanical problems with this car. Just hit 50K. The ride is nice and all the controls are laid out good. Gas mileage is ok for a 4 banger. The only thing that was replaced was the clock light bulb (not bad for 5 years) and normal wear/tear items (oil,brakes, tires). I would definitely buy another one if they had not changed the rear trunk design. I will have to step up to it's big brother and get a Acura TL if I decide to trade it. The only cars I will buy now that are American made will be the muscle cars from the 60's & 70's.

Best Car Ive Owned Thus Far!
By hondaSE on 08/05/05 06:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is just awesome! I currently have 75K miles on my 2000 accord SE and it still runs just as good as the day I bought her brand new. No problems and still a pleasure to drive every day. Nice body style that should with stand ageing very nicely.

Runs Fovever
By Runs Forever on 06/14/05 19:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

See similar reviews for 97' and 2005 Honda Accord LX's - This is our 2nd Honda Accord purchased new, oil changed every 3000 to 4000 miles, has 73000 miles on it and runs the same as when purchased. Only one actual repair to date (power window regulator replaced). Comfortable and reliable car for around town or cruising down the highway. Has great power / acceleration for a 4 cylinder when needed.

Good for the money
By meleto on 04/28/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

2000 EX 4 cycl w/ leather purchased new for $20k. 88k miles & running strong. To date, only had to replace oil/air filter (normal sched), light bulb in clock (at 20k), brake pads & tires (at 60k), battery (at 84k), and transmission (at 84k, covered by warranty - known issue for this model). Also had dealer clean out sticking throttle body (at 84k). Just replaced windshield wiper blade inserts (at 86k). That's everything to date. The driver's side window squeals sometimes (probably due to tint install) and the cupholder lid doesn't close properly (appears to be a broken hinge); can live with all that. Overall a very good car for the price; very reliable; good exterior/interior design/quality.