Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 259 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Cyd

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought used EX w/ 36K miles. Replaced transmission at 67K under class action suit. Since the transmission work, only oil changes and tires needed for the past six years. Most reliable car ever! Rides like a dream and at 10 years old, still accelerates at 80MPH. Husband drives '97 Accord, son drives '90 Civic. Daughter has P-O-S GM car that proved American cars lack quality and longevity. Can't say enough about Honda quality.

Moves well. Handles well. Leather has withstood southern heat very well.

Fix the transmission issues. Other than that, the Honda Accord is simply perfection.

Don't try a Honda!
By bcav

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a private seller after owning a '98, should have sold and had a car payment. I have changed numerous brakes, rotors and calipers, and rear wheel hubs $600(i did the labor). Sway bar bushings went $400. But misdiagnosed as needed 4 new struts $800.EGR port in upper intake clogged common problem new EGR $150 for parts.Transmission metal line that goes to radiator rusted out and started leaking before i knew it, at the same time I thought the front wheel bearings were going. Garage couldn't diagnose it, 2 months later, got P0740 code. Transmission failing! $2,300 to rebuild. decided to buy from junk yard $1,700 with install,no warranty but not my problem. kept it to 137k

200 HP is fun with new tune-up.

Build a better transmission that can hold up to salt and road grime. and when your redesign for 2003 don't keep using the same crappy designs and flaws. stay away for all honda accords and odysseys!

Tranny Leak
By Val

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

After 1 week I got it the tranny leak on the transaxle left side. Honda dealer wont fix it because I brought it as-it.What a big disappointment! When you brought a car from Honda dealership, you think they maintain the quality. I will never gonna buy a Honda car again!

Better transmission even when is out of warranty

First Honda, Definitely Not The Last!
By Emma

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a senior in high school with 85,000 miles. I have never had any mechanical problems - only routine maintenance. This has been the best car I've ever owned and still runs very smoothly with 141,000 miles. I would recommend Honda to anyone - you will get a car that will last well over 100,000 miles. The gas mileage is still good with a V6 - I'm willing to trade power for a few more dollars at the pump.

V6, leather seats, a lot of cabin space, huge trunk, easy controls

Heated seats and possibly a GPS.

This car screams reliability, not style
By moparfan1790

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my uncle with 89k. Have had absolutely zero problems; the only maintenance I've done is a routine timing belt change (along with the water pump, which I figured I might as well replace w/ belt). Have not had the major transmission issue that seems to be common in the Honda V6; however, the tranny does hesitate between 1st and 2nd. The V6 is very quick, but I do not get very good gas mileage (20 in the city, 27 on highway) for a car of this size. Is not a head turner, but gets me from point A to point B in comfort and without problems.

Comfort of seats, interior room, quick acceleration, faux wood grain trim, automatic climate control

Speakers are awful - the ones in the back sound like they came from a $10 boombox. Not a lot of style, but hey, that's not what Honda builds cars for.