Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great vehicle
By swarun

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 years. It runs great. Very reliable. Has never stopped me on the road. The original battery lasted 9 1/2 years.

Transmission at 70K?
By Steve

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought used Accord EX with 41K. Our transmission failed at 70K but I reported issues much earlier. Honda America was rude and irresponsible about transmission failure. They refused to own up and replace my transmission despite the class action suit requiring them to do so. Honda quality is far overrated. Parts and labor are very expensive also. Ride is not great on 2000 and seems worse in newer Accords. Interior is very nice although seats are not comfortable on long rides. Hope new transmission makes it to 150K. Honda has had a lot of issues with transmissions on Accord, Civic, and Odyssey. Like I said, much overrated for quality. Daughter's 99 Accord was an absolute money pit.

Favorite Features

Fairly nice interior. Newer Accords have gone plastic. Give me a break. Handles and performs acceptably.

Suggested Improvements

Too late now but fuel economy is poor for a small 4-cylinder vehicle. More supportive seats. Honda America needs to treat its customers better. They remain arrogant and uncaring about their customers. Forget Honda.

Accord SE - Should have lasted longer ;(
By aliceBettyAnna

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

At 86,000 miles the transmission went on my 4 cylinder What a major disappointment. Could have gotten it fixed but it seemed to much $ to put into a ten year old car. Really sad and mad to see that Honda Accords have documented transmission problems. It was fun and reliable until then. Too mad at Honda to buy another one. Went Nissan Altima this time and am loving it.

Favorite Features

was fun to drive around town

Suggested Improvements

stand behind transmissions!

Honda
By D Mott

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have been driving it ever since. When I had 250,000 KM on it I was told I needed a new transmission because it shifted hard and I mean hard it jolted the car and everything in it. I did some research and found that a solenoid on the transmission was to blame so I took it off and cleaned it and it fixed the problem. I haven't really done anything to this car but maintenance. I now have 570,000 KM (354,200 miles). I'm looking to replace it. This is my 3rd Honda and I have had great success with them and would recommend them to anyone. The car hasn't even started to rust in these cold snowy Canadian winter - that's something to say.

Great until trans went
By Annie

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

We are the original owners of the Accord SE. It's been remarkably reliable for ten years. After 85k, the trans needs to be replaced. I don't want to put the $ in it but don't want to buy a new car either. It's disappointing to have the transmission go. We have meticulously maintained this car.

Favorite Features

Just plain fun to drive.