2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
No Complaints
By E Serrano on 03/24/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Started driving this car with 11k on in in 2000. I now have 158k on it. Very comfortable and still a blast to drive. The V6 is quick and the handling is smooth. My sister has the 2003 and it does not compare. The suspension on this model is much smoother, rides like a luxury car. Have had previous Cadillac owners tell me it rides like a Caddy! The EX trim leaves nothing to be desired. I have had the transmission replaced after factory recall. Just replaced the 02 sensor. Other than an alternator replacement, no big issues with the reliability.

One of the greatest cars I've ever had!
By Honda Owner on 11/28/07 16:31 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

We've had this car now for over five years. It's been (and still is) a fantastic car! The sound system sounds great, even after eight years. The V6 engine makes it incredibly fun to drive. The only major mechanical problem we've had with the car was that the transmission went out about two years ago. Apparently this has been a problem for this particular Accord model. Honda replaced the transmission for free because the car had less than 100,000 miles on it. The only other complaint we've had with the car was that the leather on the driver's seat started cracking about four years after we bought the car. Other than that, it still runs and looks great

Wonderful Automobile
By okwey on 11/21/07 21:53 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first Honda. Impressed w/reliability. Short of routine maintenance and replacing the timing belt, it's hassle-free. Drives the same as we bought it 5 years ago. I'm truly impressed w/Japanese cars, and would buy another again in the future. Low emission, and best value!

The energizer bunny of the car world
By Nic Niebel on 06/28/07 05:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This is my second Honda Accord. The first one I purchased was a 1998 4 cyl. which I drove for close to 200,000 miles without a problem. The most recent purchase is a 2000 v6 which gets decent mpg and seems to be just as reliable as my last one. I would recommend this car over any Audi A4, Volvo, or any other luxury car in its price range. Even though the styling and other people's perception of the car is not as high, the dependabilty more than makes up for the thousands you will spend keeping the others on the road for more than 100,000 miles.

This car sold me!
By Bonnie on 03/28/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used with 16,000 miles for my husband to commute with. Now has 128,000, runs like the day we purchased. We only replaced the drivers side window motor and NOTHING else! This has been a great car worth every penny. I was driving a 2000 Volvo V70 that was a nightmare. Finally after beaucoup repairs and $$$ we agreed it had to go. My husband was stunned when I said that I wanted a Honda. Mine being the family truckster we purchased an 06 Pilot and Blows that Volvo away. Thank God it's gone! I'm sure his Accord will probably stay in the family and end up being my daughters first car. We are very, very pleased with both our Accord and Pilot.

Ex_Honda
By tx_Honda on 02/22/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I am a living testament about the reliability of this car. Bought in 2000 and lost this car in 2006 in a wreck, not at fault. I put 134k in 6 years in extreme winter conditions. This car did not give a single issue in any weather, summer, winter below 0, conditions. With out an issue, I drove 180 miles daily on this for 6 months – icy, snowy conditions of WI. Only thing I did was regular oil change and scheduled maintenance. Most of all, impact at around 35 mph, Accord’s front and Malibu 06 rear right, my young son in the back seat (WEARING SEAT BELTs) – we walked away from the scene without a single scratch. If this car has factory suggested maintenance history, I will suggest buying it.

Great buy
By Honda Happy on 01/23/07 21:06 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

After several crappy cars, bought my daughter this 2000 EX model with 4 cyl. Great car, good MPG, Zero problems, Nice interior with leather and wood, little 4cyl has surprising power.

Not as Good as you Think!!!
By J.C. on 01/11/07 12:28 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This car is appraised so much for its reliability...well its body hardware is horrible and there are better cars. There is 115k miles on mine, but still...they're supposed to keep running...something electrical keeps going wrong...

Good car.
By Car Lover on 12/10/06 10:22 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This car is proclaimed as the best, however, I bought it used with 110,000 miles in July 2006. I expected it to be excellent and it is. The only problem is that everybody has it. It may look good, but I think that with few modifications such as the wheels off of the V6, and a spoiler, then this car will be great.

Good Choice
By Atlfan on 11/21/06 10:42 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase this car with 70k mi and now have 180k mi. I must say Honda does built quality cars, but there are issues. It is well known about the transmission issue. I had mine replaced at 120,000 and Honda shared the cost with me, no complaints there. The transmission still has a very weird shifting pattern, always has, always will. Wind noise from the front windows is a factor, but I understand updated molding from Honda corrects this. Love the leather interior and overall quality of cabin,(nothing rattles). Bland look on outside, but it is a family sedan.