2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
This car sold me!
By Bonnie on 03/28/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used with 16,000 miles for my husband to commute with. Now has 128,000, runs like the day we purchased. We only replaced the drivers side window motor and NOTHING else! This has been a great car worth every penny. I was driving a 2000 Volvo V70 that was a nightmare. Finally after beaucoup repairs and $$$ we agreed it had to go. My husband was stunned when I said that I wanted a Honda. Mine being the family truckster we purchased an 06 Pilot and Blows that Volvo away. Thank God it's gone! I'm sure his Accord will probably stay in the family and end up being my daughters first car. We are very, very pleased with both our Accord and Pilot.

Ex_Honda
By tx_Honda on 02/22/07 19:09 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I am a living testament about the reliability of this car. Bought in 2000 and lost this car in 2006 in a wreck, not at fault. I put 134k in 6 years in extreme winter conditions. This car did not give a single issue in any weather, summer, winter below 0, conditions. With out an issue, I drove 180 miles daily on this for 6 months – icy, snowy conditions of WI. Only thing I did was regular oil change and scheduled maintenance. Most of all, impact at around 35 mph, Accord’s front and Malibu 06 rear right, my young son in the back seat (WEARING SEAT BELTs) – we walked away from the scene without a single scratch. If this car has factory suggested maintenance history, I will suggest buying it.

Great buy
By Honda Happy on 01/23/07 21:06 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

After several crappy cars, bought my daughter this 2000 EX model with 4 cyl. Great car, good MPG, Zero problems, Nice interior with leather and wood, little 4cyl has surprising power.

Good Choice
By Atlfan on 11/21/06 10:42 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchase this car with 70k mi and now have 180k mi. I must say Honda does built quality cars, but there are issues. It is well known about the transmission issue. I had mine replaced at 120,000 and Honda shared the cost with me, no complaints there. The transmission still has a very weird shifting pattern, always has, always will. Wind noise from the front windows is a factor, but I understand updated molding from Honda corrects this. Love the leather interior and overall quality of cabin,(nothing rattles). Bland look on outside, but it is a family sedan.

Excellent Choice
By Nancy on 07/23/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and now have about 140,000 miles on it. I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off, which may take quite a while. It still runs and looks great! This car has more room in the back seat than some full size cars. I get at least 27 mpg hwy, sometimes more. SRS light was on for about a year and then Honda recognized that this was a basic safety feature and offered a recall, full replacement of defective sensor. I often travel on my job and can always rely on my car to get me there without any problems.

Car has been babied from day one.
By WILLIAM FLOREZ on 07/08/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a durable and a very comfortable automobile that will be around for a long time. All the service has been done to this car and it still runs like it's new.

2000 is the one bad year
By mcadoo11 on 06/06/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love Honda Accords and owned the 1984 version for well over a dozen years but my 2000 Accord has been a bust, as the engine had to be replaced with just 64,000 miles on it. Consumer Reports show it is the one bad year for Accords.

Best Car to buy!
By A on 05/22/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I've owned many cars over the years. I am talking about Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes, Infinity, and of course Honda. I have a Honda Accord and even though the other cars that I've owned have served me well- my honda is MY favorite. In 60, 000 miles I have only changed the rotors and brakes, and the oil. Not that I am negligent- just that the car asks for little attention- it does it all and well! I am hating the fact that later on in life I will have to change cars and not be able to buy a new 2000 Honda Accord- I would've loved to buy two- keep one in the garage until I need it. The new models look great but the one I have is the best car to buy.

Reliable and good looking
By Happy camper on 03/14/06 01:13 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car has been garaged entire time. Used for general around town and freeway driving--one long distance trip. All scheduled oil changes. one new battery. Scooter lift (automatic) installed in the trunk. No accidents. Ming finish. Looks (and acts like) new. "Loaded" with luxury extras. Moon roof. Cream color leather interior. One owner. Good gas mileage. "Squeaky" clean.

I love my Accord
By Ryan on 11/08/05 11:25 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. I purchased the car new with 20 miles on it. It's a 5 speed 4 cylinder so it could use a little more power. But this car has been problem free and has only had the maintenance done at 60,000 and 105,000 miles. Cruising at 108,000 miles to day. :)