2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Awesome Car!
By Krina143 on 07/10/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

My first car was a Honda Civic that I loved, so I wanted an Accord for my next. It was the best decision! I have had this car for 5 years and it now has 147K miles, still going strong. Nothing but routine maintenance, so reliable. I would highly recommend buying this car!

Great Car
By HawaiiFive0 on 06/18/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have the V6 and it is great, has 190,000 miles and still goes. Of course I have changed a few sensors and alternator but nothing before 100k. Gas is ok in Missouri I got 28 mpg but now here in Hawaii I only get about 21 but she is getting old. No major problems but you must be sure to take it to someone who knows Honda or else.

Great car!!!
By Jonathan on 06/12/09 11:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned my accord for over nine years and it still performs the same way as it did during the test drive! The only thing that I have had to replace is an alternator and it was actually covered by a factory bulletin and I only had to pay $25 for its replacement! Great Car!!!

2000 Accord 2.3 high miles
By MAX on 05/25/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is my daily commute 200 miles everyday. For me it is the best design for Japanese coupe compare to solara. The Cargo space is huge for its class. I just made 200K miles this week and I haven't replaced my alternator yet, water pump and timing belt that's how reliable this one can be. Honda Engine and transmissions is so reliable. The secret is oil change and transmission fluid - change service is a must for long life of a car.

Best Car Ever Owned
By MrShaggs on 05/06/09 15:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 LX 4cylinder coupe in June of 2000, and it has been nothing but good to me. I have driven many higher end cars that weren't even as comfortable or responsive as this car. I have Koni/Neuspeed Suspention, forged rims, light flywheel, all sorts of mods, and it never lets me down. I have bent a lot of rims, but the car is solid. The only thing that would have made it better was if it came with an H22 5speed it would have been perfect. Over 100k on it and it still looks better than the day I bought it.

Reliability of Honda
By Honda4Life on 04/02/09 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My Honda has been in the family for nine years and counting. It has been on numerous rode trips to Vegas and is very dependable. There have been engine problems but minor fixes is keeping it alive. I love Hondas.

Long term review of Mean Joe Green
By Scipio on 03/26/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

All cars should have names. My Accord is affectionately known as Mean Joe Green. I'm at 216,000 miles, having purchased it at 65,400. I've replaced the belts twice, two motor mounts, bought two sets of tires, two water pumps, and two sets of brake pads. Aside from those issues, most of my indicator lights in the dash have gone out. But I still get at least 28 mpg on the highway. Handles best with Goodyear Assurance Tripletreads. That was my first replacement set of tires, and it went about 65k. Perfect for twisty Mississippi back roads that I used to commute on, 164 miles round trip daily. Leather driver's seat is torn up. Replaced the seat frame. Best car I've owned ever.

Solid as a rock!
By Emay1965 on 02/15/09 04:45 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 2000 Accord EX V6 back in Nov. 2004 with 68k on the odometer. All I can say is this has been the best car I've ever owned. I took the vehicle to the dealer at around 75k for an oil change and they indicated that the tranny was going and recommended I get it replaced by Honda. This was a known problem and Honda was handling for free as long as it was done before 80k miles. Outside of that and my alternator being replaced recently, this car has been a dream. I'm currently at 161k miles and hope to own at least to 250k. I'll probably replace with another Accord but just afraid the later models won't compare in reliability.

Transmission Went Out
By Dave on 12/22/08 18:34 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I knew that the 2000 Accord had a history of transmission problems but since my car had made it to 108,000 miles, I felt it would make it to 200,000. I loved this car. But last week the transmission did go out. I would still recommend this car since most of them do fine. Fortunately I still got a good trade-in, and got a new 2009 Civic, which I love just as much.

Not as reliable as previous
By Mark on 12/22/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I never had many problems when I owned my 1994 Accord EX and unfortunately this one, 2000 Accord EX v6 Coupe, has not been as reliable. It seems there were a few years where Honda models had issues with carbon build-up in the engine and I was an unfortunate victim. $2400 later and still have some minor issues with though nothing serious. Had all but two valves replaced due to carbon build-up burnt and cracked valves. Also just recently I spent another $1500 due to power steering pump and fluid leak in rack and pinion. Merry Christmas to me. These repair items, though costly, are to be expected for the most part although I would have preferred a little better reliability.