2000 Honda Accord 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 5 Worry-Free Years later...

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

5 Worry-Free Years later...
By Twitch on

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

First car after college and it's been fantastic, just turned over 106K miles! Easily 30mpg highway, 25 city. If you are in the market, the 4- cylinder EX sedan is the safe bet...the transmission problem is primarily in the V6 models. I tinted the windows so mine doesn't look like everyone else's. My back seat passengers almost always fall asleep on road trips, thanks to the excellent ride and comfortable seats. This car has been very sturdy and predictable on snow and ice, and, thanks to the good handling, has got me out a tight spot a few times (i.e., 50 mph pileup during a blizzard, tapped the brakes, downshifted to 3rd and took the ditch, drove right out and kept going!). A great car!!

Favorite Features

Good cloth seats for all seasons, good ride for all ages, good speakers for singing on road trips, good interior layout so my mom can operate it, smooth-revving engine, brag-worthy fuel economy, one-of-the-best people haulers, and I still catch myself admiring the exterior lines even after 5 years!!

Suggested Improvements

Front headlamp covers have a fogged over look, likely due to moisture getting inside the unit. Only repairs were the rear wheel-bearing assemblies wore out and caused a slight vibration noticeable above 35 mph. You can't repack the bearings but have to buy a new bearing assembly (~$200 each tire).