268K and still driving great
By kcinga1 on
2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan
I bought this car new in Sept of 2001 during the honda clearance event. When I first got it, I used to have probs with the EGR valve every 40K or so. But then they finally recalled and the problem was fixed. I think I've been through 3 alternators. No engine/tranny work. Replaced brakes a lot because I'm a rough driver. I drive @ 120 miles daily rt to work. I'm in Georgia so I can't really say how it handles cold weather, but it's been a champ in the extreme heat. About three years ago, I had freon added to the AC because it wasn't getting as cold as it should. It's great now.
Favorite Features
Essentially, this car is extremely reliable and still has good get up and go. Everyone who gets in it never suspects the high mileage (268K) and is always impressed that it still drives like a new car. I will say that I have to give it some idle time before I start driving it now. The engine used to be good to go immediately after I started it. But I live in the country and the speed limit starts at 55 mph. Then I get on HWY @ 80 mph, so not much city driving. Maybe 2 city miles @ 35-45 5 days a week.
Suggested Improvements
I'm convinced this car may last forever. My mechanic says that if anything, I may need to replace the tranny at some point, but the engine should last forever. I LOVE this car. I'm still amazed it has been so dependable.