Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Roomy? Luxurious? Says who?
By Chill Will

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Okay, I do like the CD changer and sunroof. As for the rest of the car, I am not impressed. Outside, the design is bland, and the badly-aligned trunklid indicates poor build quality. Under the hood, I see a layout that dates back to 1990. Inside, controls and switchgear are well-weighted, but cheap materials are abundant. Seats are unsupportive, upholstered with econocar-like cloth, and cramped. The roof squeaks horribly, handling is wallowy, and the engine runs with an annoying drone. In the trunk, there is an un-lined trunklid, compact spare tire, and a rear seat that folds in one piece. No 60/40 split. This is unacceptable on a car of this class, where luxury is now an issue.

Favorite Features

6-disc in-dash CD changer, sunroof, pen holder beside shift lever.

Suggested Improvements

The car needs to be larger, made with better materials and build quality, designed better, and it needs to be updated to twenty-first century technology. At least an ashtray sould be standard. My advice: don't even bother with this car. Get a Volkswagen Passat or Toyota Camry.

Best Car So Far
By Pastor Bill

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Our first Honda. Purchased new. It has been the best-ever car for us. Average mpg on road 36-38. Competent handling. Comfortable interior of high quality materials. Excellent switch gear. Absolutely reliable. If this one ever wears out, we will purchase anohter Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is more than we would like. However, Honda has already improved this issue.

Does what it's supposed to
By T Kirwin

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

With regular maintanence, I have had zero problems. What it lacks in power and racing qualities, it makes up for in ease of driving and quality workmanship. Honda has made an extremely dependable and enjoyable car.

Favorite Features

Interior design and dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension.

A good family car
By haraga

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

A good family car with no problems. It has now 68000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Paint.

I like it so far...
By Superman3

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord about 3 weeks ago and it seems to be a great car. I have read many positive reviews on the car and they all seem to be holding true so far. The only bad thing I noticed is the paint is very touchy to pretty much anything. But overall, I would highly recommend this car to anyone shopping.

Favorite Features

radio controls, comfortable & quiet interior, dual exhaust, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

harder paint, standard foglights, more pick-up (off the line), more colorful radio displays, lighted buttons in window, lock, and radio buttons on steering wheel