Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I'd buy another
By ak145

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Purchased a Honda for the first time used. I am very pleased with the car. Very minor problems, alternator, emmisions valve, all covered under waranty. In each instance the dealer worked with me with no hassles. Honda service is nothing like dealing with the Chevy house. I have had good luck with repairs, and the car is always ready when it is supposed to be.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, radio controls on the steering wheel, Great AC(car is in TX), nice ride on the highway, good acceleration and excellent stopping. Very smooth car. I get nothing but compliments on this car.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could shift a little smoother.

Honda - Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Brian

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord used with 83,000 miles on it. Still with that mileage, it drives and is rattle free like it was brand new. the car now has 94000 miles on it and other than oil changes, I've done nothing to it, unlike my 1994 Thunderbird that I had before it. I've owned many cars over the years and have always found the Japanese cars to be better built and extremely reliable compared to any "American" car I've owned. I don't think I'll go back to an American name plate again.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior styling of my Coupe. The seats hug you and are very comfortable. The Stereo has great sound for being the LX, and I like the A/C set up and controls.

Suggested Improvements

None! I love my car !

The worst midsize sedan available.
By beemerboy147

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I wouldn't reccommend this thing to my worst enemy. Outside, the design looks terrible and none of the panels are aligned properly. The sheet metal dents and bends very easily. The engine has no power, and runs with lots of drone and vibration, even on premium gas. Inside, materials are cheap. Period. There is plenty of road and wind noise, and poorly-sealed doors allow plenty of air to enter from the outside through the latch handles and window switches. The ride is stiff, and handling is lackluster at best. The interior is cramped, even up front. The backseat may be able to seat a Barbie doll, but it would be a tight fit. Reliability isn't that good either.

Favorite Features

6-disc CD changer

Suggested Improvements

More power, more agility, more room, better fit and finish, better build quality, better reliability, better looks, and more features for the money.

that Honda, so hot right now, Honda
By Jeremy Clark

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

There is nothing bad that you can say about this car. Maybe a wish for heated seats (but that's only because I just moved to Chicago), other than that it's great. Great body design; stylish, sensible, not too big so you can't parallel in tight spaces (a must for Chicago or any big city). Great all-around car.

Favorite Features

The In-dash 6 CD changer..best thing ever.

Suggested Improvements

Larger open space between the trunk and back seat when you lay the back seat down.

leader to perfection
By Jissac

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a while and I've have not had no problems with it. I just cancelled my extended service contract cashing in on it because of the reliabity my Accord has! I fill safe and I also have a piece of mind knowing that I'm driving a awesome car. I purchased my Honda in Mexico City under the a certification program which is similar to the USA program but would not cover me on a brake down in the USA, thats odd. The only problem I really had was the maintaince light comes on but I just reset that puppy I think it had something to do when I brought it from Mexico City and US customs made me change the odometer from Kilos to miles, that was a bummer!!!!

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I have is I have a sunroof in my LX model but with no CD player???!! I cost about $150.00 to install...hey but no big deal.