2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Not to shabby
By First timer on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

This is my first Honda and so far I'm happy with it. I always heard about Honda's reliability which is what I was looking for in a car. Road noise is more than I expected and I've recently heard about transmission problems with this type but I haven't had any problems and I'm at 20K miles. A little disappointed with the paint chipping on the hood due to rocks.

Luv My Honda
By JenC on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I loved my 2000 Honda Accord SE, from the first moment I got into the driver's seat. This being the first Honda I have owned, I would have to say that I would not purchase anything other than a Honda. The only minor complaint I have is the position of the front seat cup holders, its awkward to grab my morning coffee.

Owner
By Anand Sukhlall on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

It has been over two years now and still fun to drive. I have put almost $4,000 into the engine which gives it the edge I desire. It's a great car...very reliable and sporty. Maybe a lot of people drive one but it is very easy to make yours unique with the availability of after market parts. Where else could you find a car that will do 145mph + and handle like a charm!

Great Car!
By AliveinBoulder on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my Honda Accord! It's a wonderful car for me. It's very reliable, reasonably fun to drive, great get up and go for a 4cyl/5speed, and loaded with many power features. I would recommend Honda to anyone!

The Accord coupe has it all!!
By lphantom7 on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

2000 Accord Coupe EX. You get a lot for your bucks and that comes with the Honda reputation of reliability. Performance is top notch, from steering and road feel to acceleration on highways. This is the most well thought out interior I have ever experience. All the controls and buttons are well placed and visually uncluttered.

Safe & Sturdy
By JnMsMom on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

The reason I bought my Honda was because of their rating for safety & reliability and it turned out to be a VERY wise choice! While at a complete stop, I was hit from behind by a pickup truck. The truck was totaled because the whole front end was smashed inward. However, my Accord required minimal repair - the steel behind the rear body panel was dented in about 2 inches and the trunk lid bowed up about 1/2 inch. It was amazing to see the difference in the two vehicles! Even after being in an accident, it still rides great, gets good gas mileage, and is a wonderful car.

Honda problems
By b.young on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

This is my second Honda. I have had excellent luck with my last honda. I went in to the dealer becuase my check engine light went on and strange sounds from the engine. They found that my a/c pully was broken. 1 month waiting for the part the dealer takes the car for an estimated 2 days. 7 days later they tell my that I need a new alternator and that there is a crack in the tranny casing.The next day my check engine light I go back in to find my fuel injectors failing. They dump in cleaner and if the light goes on again they will replace my injectors. I am $2500 in the hole and more pending. also, my leather is ripping and a lot of rock chips.

2000 EX Accord
By troyanf on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Truely a fine vehicle for the money! Haven't driven a car yet that can beat the all-round quality (driving performance and comfort especially) this car delivers. If you've never driven one, you must try it.

Cool Car
By jaw99 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in april and over all it is a great dependable car but It just doesn't have enough head room. Also the noise sound from the out side is loud.

Own for business from day 1
By buytxn on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Honda new off of the showroom floor. 50,000 miles later it is just as good as new! The car is comforatable and the Honda ergonomics are perfect. I get compliments even from high level executives when they get in my car.