Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My 1st Terrible Honda
By Len

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I had been a Honda owner for many years when I bought this car. I always loved their reliability. This car was an exception. I have needed to replace the steering column, rotors, oxygen sensors, and more, all well before they should have needed it. I am just hoping the transmission holds out for the year when I plan to sell it. Many of these repairs took several visits to different mechanics to fix. The verdict--Honda is great with the basic models, but stay away from the high-end stuff. I think that the Accord infrastructure just wasn't built to handle the weight and power of the V6 EX package.

Favorite Features

Good pickup

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, better knowledgebase for mechanics to fix problems right the first time. Cleaner-shifting transmission.

2000 EX v6
By Rhonda

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new. Had no problems till around 80,000 miles. Transmission started to slip. Took it to dealer who said there was no problem, changed the transmission fluid. Since then, transmission has gotten worse and Honda will not help with the problem. They will do a 50/50 on cost of refurbished transmission since I am now over the 100,000 extension, over $1500 my cost! Dealer said they do not work on transmissions, only replace them. Now have over 114,000 miles on car and other than transmission, have no other major complaints about the car. Wind noise on higway is loud, but I just turn up the radio. Honda of Ocala is a terrible dealership all around - sales, service, etc

Favorite Features

Sun roof; like the easy access to oil filter when changing oil myself

Suggested Improvements

Paint - bugs have pitted the paint even though they are washed off quickly. Live where love bugs are and you have to wash them off quick or they pit the paint, had a CRX which I would wash each day during love bug season and didn't have a problem with the paint like I do on the Accord

Seats
By Doris

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I found the seats a little hard. I think Honda should do a survey to new customers after they have owned their cars for about a year and ask what they like the least so they could perhaps improve on it or change it. Overall, Hondas are very good cars.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and convenient dash design.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are hard. They could have more cushioning.

So easy to drive
By howardc64

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This car is so easy to drive. You feel like it is driving itself. You feel firm and in control with the car interpreting every steering input precisely. Reliability is as advertised. In 5 years of ownership, I have had 1 failure (light for the clock, $3 part and trivial to replace)

Favorite Features

Precise steering and chassis. Firm seats

Suggested Improvements

Wish the looks of the Accord can approach the European automobile's clean lines.

It's not great but not bad
By Decent car

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

The transmission has a lot to be desired. It has been replaced once and is still acting up. The body is flimsy (dented by someone leaning against the fender. The paint is terrible (does not hold up well to pebbles and road debris. Will not hold an alignment for too long. One bright light quick working (replaced bulb and still doesn't work). Gas gage has never read full even when filled to the brim.

Favorite Features

It has started everytime and the gas mileage is decent.

Suggested Improvements

Reliable transmission and better paint!