Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent overall sedan!!
By Justin Espineli

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this vechicle used with 88,000 mi. Changed timing belt at 100,000 mi. Had problem with EGR valve and had it replaced by Honda. Other than that, car runs like new. Very comfortable for commuting, but this car really shines on the highway. Calm, poised ride with little road noise. V6 power is excellent mid-range(60-90 mph). Exterior styling is a little bland and stock stereo provides average sound quality. Interior materials are high quality and feel solid. Ergonomics are excellent. Previous car was a '92 Accord with 215,000 mi. I expect this car to last even longer. I definitely recommend the Honda Accord (new or used) to the potential buyer.

Engine performance, ride quality, reliability, ergonomics, fit & finish.

Gas milage, stereo, telescoping steering wheel.

My 1st Terrible Honda
By Len

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I had been a Honda owner for many years when I bought this car. I always loved their reliability. This car was an exception. I have needed to replace the steering column, rotors, oxygen sensors, and more, all well before they should have needed it. I am just hoping the transmission holds out for the year when I plan to sell it. Many of these repairs took several visits to different mechanics to fix. The verdict--Honda is great with the basic models, but stay away from the high-end stuff. I think that the Accord infrastructure just wasn't built to handle the weight and power of the V6 EX package.

Good pickup

Reliability, better knowledgebase for mechanics to fix problems right the first time. Cleaner-shifting transmission.

2000 EX v6
By Rhonda

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new. Had no problems till around 80,000 miles. Transmission started to slip. Took it to dealer who said there was no problem, changed the transmission fluid. Since then, transmission has gotten worse and Honda will not help with the problem. They will do a 50/50 on cost of refurbished transmission since I am now over the 100,000 extension, over $1500 my cost! Dealer said they do not work on transmissions, only replace them. Now have over 114,000 miles on car and other than transmission, have no other major complaints about the car. Wind noise on higway is loud, but I just turn up the radio. Honda of Ocala is a terrible dealership all around - sales, service, etc

Sun roof; like the easy access to oil filter when changing oil myself

Paint - bugs have pitted the paint even though they are washed off quickly. Live where love bugs are and you have to wash them off quick or they pit the paint, had a CRX which I would wash each day during love bug season and didn't have a problem with the paint like I do on the Accord

Seats
By Doris

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I found the seats a little hard. I think Honda should do a survey to new customers after they have owned their cars for about a year and ask what they like the least so they could perhaps improve on it or change it. Overall, Hondas are very good cars.

Gas mileage and convenient dash design.

Seats are hard. They could have more cushioning.

So easy to drive
By howardc64

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This car is so easy to drive. You feel like it is driving itself. You feel firm and in control with the car interpreting every steering input precisely. Reliability is as advertised. In 5 years of ownership, I have had 1 failure (light for the clock, $3 part and trivial to replace)

Precise steering and chassis. Firm seats

Wish the looks of the Accord can approach the European automobile's clean lines.