2000 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best Car Ever Owned
By MrShaggs on 05/06/09 15:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 LX 4cylinder coupe in June of 2000, and it has been nothing but good to me. I have driven many higher end cars that weren't even as comfortable or responsive as this car. I have Koni/Neuspeed Suspention, forged rims, light flywheel, all sorts of mods, and it never lets me down. I have bent a lot of rims, but the car is solid. The only thing that would have made it better was if it came with an H22 5speed it would have been perfect. Over 100k on it and it still looks better than the day I bought it.

Long term review of Mean Joe Green
By Scipio on 03/26/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

All cars should have names. My Accord is affectionately known as Mean Joe Green. I'm at 216,000 miles, having purchased it at 65,400. I've replaced the belts twice, two motor mounts, bought two sets of tires, two water pumps, and two sets of brake pads. Aside from those issues, most of my indicator lights in the dash have gone out. But I still get at least 28 mpg on the highway. Handles best with Goodyear Assurance Tripletreads. That was my first replacement set of tires, and it went about 65k. Perfect for twisty Mississippi back roads that I used to commute on, 164 miles round trip daily. Leather driver's seat is torn up. Replaced the seat frame. Best car I've owned ever.

Not as reliable as previous
By Mark on 12/22/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I never had many problems when I owned my 1994 Accord EX and unfortunately this one, 2000 Accord EX v6 Coupe, has not been as reliable. It seems there were a few years where Honda models had issues with carbon build-up in the engine and I was an unfortunate victim. $2400 later and still have some minor issues with though nothing serious. Had all but two valves replaced due to carbon build-up burnt and cracked valves. Also just recently I spent another $1500 due to power steering pump and fluid leak in rack and pinion. Merry Christmas to me. These repair items, though costly, are to be expected for the most part although I would have preferred a little better reliability.

2000 EX V6 was Honda's best model
By Jim Rosalez on 06/08/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

My 2000 Honda has been fun to drive and the maintenance which I has only been done by Honda for the entire life of the car, hence there is a record of all maintenance done on the car for anyone wishing to check it out. Clean and maintained properly. Really not sure that I will sell it but at the moment I am looking at doing so. All mileage has been on a local bases with the exception of trips to and from relocation areas. This is one of Honda's best cars done in 2000. Just recently got a letter from Honda on their Premier Program for 2000 Hondas. It appears that there is a great demand for this model year. Makes me think maybe I should keep the car.

No Complaints
By E Serrano on 03/24/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Started driving this car with 11k on in in 2000. I now have 158k on it. Very comfortable and still a blast to drive. The V6 is quick and the handling is smooth. My sister has the 2003 and it does not compare. The suspension on this model is much smoother, rides like a luxury car. Have had previous Cadillac owners tell me it rides like a Caddy! The EX trim leaves nothing to be desired. I have had the transmission replaced after factory recall. Just replaced the 02 sensor. Other than an alternator replacement, no big issues with the reliability.

Not as Good as you Think!!!
By J.C. on 01/11/07 12:28 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car is appraised so much for its reliability...well its body hardware is horrible and there are better cars. There is 115k miles on mine, but still...they're supposed to keep running...something electrical keeps going wrong...

Good car.
By Car Lover on 12/10/06 10:22 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car is proclaimed as the best, however, I bought it used with 110,000 miles in July 2006. I expected it to be excellent and it is. The only problem is that everybody has it. It may look good, but I think that with few modifications such as the wheels off of the V6, and a spoiler, then this car will be great.

I Love My '00 Honda
By lovemyhonda on 07/31/06 05:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my first Honda Accord 3 years ago. I was going through a divorce and told my salesperson that I needed a vehicle that would be dependable, low maintenance, safe and have good gas mileage. He recommended a '92 Honda Accord that was on his lot. I kept it for the weekend to test drive it, and I loved it! I was so impressed with the car, that when my son got his driver's license and I passed my car to him, I knew that I definitely wanted my new car to be another Honda Accord. It has everything you could want in a car. I have 100,000 miles on my car and I just got back from a 3,000 mile road trip. Not once did I ever doubt my car's reliability or safety. I love It!

Great Car for the Money
By James on 03/21/06 22:49 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Honda for 6 years now. Have had NO problems with it and love the car.

73k & still running like new
By Bw on 12/15/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I have put 42k miles on car and only replaced tires & brakes recently. Solid, sound, refined car. I have had to do nothing with. Drive it, change oil every 3500 miles, no major disappointments. Could have better leather upholstery, driver side shows above average wear. Decent sound system, sunroof "squeaks" randomly when closed, slightly oversteers (heavy car) but ABS and "smart" transmission controls car well when braking or turning/going downhill. Metallica paint is average, just keep it waxed. Interior is very nice, well appointed controls and feel, quiet ride and it looks great. Will easily put 150k miles on this car.