Used 2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My First Honda.. made me to buy two more Hondas
By albertjohnn

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this baby in 2005 for $10K when it was on 35K miles. Never had any problem. Only regular oil changes and maintenance. Changed timing belt at 90K and now its ready for 120K servicing. Have been getting an average of 25MPG. This car made me to buy two more Honda cars. Very reliable beast to depend on.

Supercommuter!
By aimgargiulo

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Honda with 133,000 miles from a man who commuted about 100 miles round trip to work. He took really good care of it, and I purchased it for a steal price of $3,300. Three years later, I have a 150 mile round trip commute to school, and she's up to 216,000 miles with no signs of slowing down! It's passed inspection every time (I do regular maintenance), and it's never left me stranded at all except for when the clutch master cylinder went at 200,000-ish miles... but am I really going to complain about that?! I just get in and go with nothing but gas and a monthly oil change... it's also a beast in the snow with studded snow tires! What more could a northern commuter want?

Favorite Features

Cold A/C, hot heat, and it doesn't break. I really like my spoiler, too. There aren't too many frills with my car, but it gets the job done and I like it as a whole for the purpose it has... not "frills."

Suggested Improvements

It's a little late now.. the car's 13 years old... not like it needed improvements anyway!

It's a great daily commuter
By annachen239

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was on sale in 2000 it is very realiable but the seats are really uncomfortable and there is a a lot of wind noise and when you are going up hill there is no power at all

Favorite Features

Spacious interior

Suggested Improvements

Better seats and take out riddling and wind noise

Five Hondas - All Problems
By redgemon

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Unfortunaetely it has taken the purchase of four Honda Accords and one Civic to finally get me to decide to not buy Hondas any more. All of the Accords (years 1968, 1988, 1990 and 2000) have had major problems, and the Civic nickled and dimed me to death. My current 2000 Accord V6 developed transmission problems within one week after purchase. I did not buy the extended warranty because it took every penny I had to buy the car. The Honda Dealership I bought it from said there's nothing they can do because I bought the car "As Is." Now, I can't drive it, and need to save over $2000 to have the transmission rebuilt. I know some have great Honda stories, but mine are nightmares.

after 12 years, still running great!
By nolimitt168

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I went away to college. 12 years later, I am still driving it everyday without any problems. The odometer is closing in on 120,000 with no mechanical problems at all. I keep up to date with the maintenance. The light behind the clock and odometer went out a couple of years back, but all else is running fine. I will keep this car for another 1-2 years then give it to my sister. Very reliable car. What more can I say!

Favorite Features

very low maintenance. oil change every 5k miles.

Suggested Improvements

make it look more stylish and more horse power.