Used 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Big Upgrade from my 2001 Sebring
By kovacic_frank

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Ive had the car for about a week now after going through tooth and nail failure with the 2001 Chryslar Sebring. The seats are very comfortable in the EX and the controls make sense where their placed. The back bar in the seat for extra support where you need it is great and the handling is very smooth if you drive considerate. My car has 140k miles on it when i got it and some where and tear are showing with the looseness of the accelerator, and the dashboard lights are flickering on and off from time to time. Gas is alright but im not getting what I thought id get from a Honda. Still a much bigger upgrade from other Sedans of that era. Also no Transmissions issues so far unlike 2002s.

The Handling, The big open front window, front lights are light up road well, love the bar in the seat for extra comfert, double side armrest for extra stuff. V6 power is something nice for handling hills and getting on freeway.

Bigger Accelerator pedal. Have the rear view mirror wider for seeing the backroad. getting better fuel economy out of a Honda, its kinda one of the things their known for and im getting very similar gas economy from my old Sebring so thats disheartening. Extear is a little bland but if you like that simple Early 2000s sedan look, the Accord is for you.

My First Honda.. made me to buy two more Hondas
By albertjohnn

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this baby in 2005 for $10K when it was on 35K miles. Never had any problem. Only regular oil changes and maintenance. Changed timing belt at 90K and now its ready for 120K servicing. Have been getting an average of 25MPG. This car made me to buy two more Honda cars. Very reliable beast to depend on.

It's a great daily commuter
By annachen239

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was on sale in 2000 it is very realiable but the seats are really uncomfortable and there is a a lot of wind noise and when you are going up hill there is no power at all

Spacious interior

Better seats and take out riddling and wind noise

Five Hondas - All Problems
By redgemon

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Unfortunaetely it has taken the purchase of four Honda Accords and one Civic to finally get me to decide to not buy Hondas any more. All of the Accords (years 1968, 1988, 1990 and 2000) have had major problems, and the Civic nickled and dimed me to death. My current 2000 Accord V6 developed transmission problems within one week after purchase. I did not buy the extended warranty because it took every penny I had to buy the car. The Honda Dealership I bought it from said there's nothing they can do because I bought the car "As Is." Now, I can't drive it, and need to save over $2000 to have the transmission rebuilt. I know some have great Honda stories, but mine are nightmares.

Was My Mom's Car
By jeffoweho

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I just inherited my Mom's Accord in 10/10. I hand picked it for her in 07/00. I got a great deal 4 her, $22k out the door. She only drove it 60k mi. I sold my 93HondaDelSol (I bought brand new 08/15/92-that car was AWESOME)[thought since I'm over 40 now, a bit more mature car will serve me (and friends) better] I am really grateful to get to drive this car - it drives just as good as the day she got it. The transmission does act a little funny when backing into my parking space; she did get it repaired under recall but, I should follow up with the dealer when I get the timing belt done. Need new tires. I drive very little so it should last me another 10+yrs! I do miss my Mom though!

I love how solid it feels. It is so smooth and feels luxurious. I like that it is a V6. I also like sliding into position easily because of the leather seats, set the auto climate control to a cool 64 degrees, slide open the moonroof and play some custom tunes on the stock premium stereo. I am appreciating the automatic transmission and my friends are appreciating that I can finally take my turn driving us around town. My stick shift two-seater DelSol was a bit more selfish car (but it worked for me for 18 years!) And living in Los Angeles, it's nice to not have to shift the manual transmission anymore (But I do miss my DelSol when cruising over Laurel Canyon!!) Honda rules!

Things I need/want to do to make this car perfect:1-get the bumpers touched up & get a tiny bit of body work done (the hood has 2 little dents) 2-do the timing belt/water pump. I think I will go to the dealer for this (and follow up on the transmission repair that was supposedly done years ago under recall) 3-replace the tires; probably go w/ V-rated Michelin's again as they really are smooth 4-the driver's seat seems a tiny bit loose, need to have that checked out (might be from the lojack installed under the seat-Not sure though); and 5- maybe update w/ a new stereo/nav/blue-tooth system so I can be apart of today's "modern driving world." This car seems worth it to get all this done!