Used 2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not the best,not the worst
By GARY

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

It is mostly a plain vanilla car.Won't give you many thrills. But overall a good car for around town.

goodbuy
By Jack Christopherson

Its a great car.

300k and Still Going...
By Trace

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used over a year ago with 275k miles. I now have 305k miles with no problems! When I bought it the only thing wrong with it was an oil leak. Ended up being the Variable Timing Valve Solenoid seal due to the previous owner adding too much oil during an oil change. I drive 50+ miles a day to school and back and have never had a problem. Seats 5 grown adults without much of a problem. Original engine/transmission. I wish Honda still made their vehicles like they used to.

Love, love, love Wanda the Honda!
By Julie

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Ok, a disclaimer. I bought this car with 40K miles on it when it was 10 years old from a trust company. They had put a new timing belt on it (due to age). I drove it for 15K miles and the tranny went out because the original owner did not follow through with the recall since she was not having any problems. THAT IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD WITH THE CAR!!! You know you truly love a car when you name it. I have had Wanda for five years now and have no plans to sell her. She has 140K miles now, and hopefully will go much farther. She gets the oil changed frequently (every 3,000 t 5,000 miles). These are GREAT cars, other than the transmission issues. Once those are fixed, they keep on going!

150K and still drives like new
By gjken

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2000 and it is definately without question the best car that I have ever owned.
The most expensive part of owning this car is tire replacement.
I am currently on my 4th set.
I do oil changes at 3K, changed out the O2 sensor's at 100K, replaced the battery twice, timing belt and F/R brakes at 105K, had refrigerant added at 105K, flushed the antifreeze twice, brake fluid changed three times, transmission oil changed 3 times (manual 5 speed), recently had a ball joint replaced.
Replaced the wires/plugs at 105K.
Currently have 150K on this car and expect that it will easily go another 150K without any major
problems.

Reliability, handing, and decent performance for a 4 banger. I also find the car ergonomic.

Nothing that I can think of.