2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Supercommuter!
By aimgargiulo on 11/15/12 21:05 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Honda with 133,000 miles from a man who commuted about 100 miles round trip to work. He took really good care of it, and I purchased it for a steal price of $3,300. Three years later, I have a 150 mile round trip commute to school, and she's up to 216,000 miles with no signs of slowing down! It's passed inspection every time (I do regular maintenance), and it's never left me stranded at all except for when the clutch master cylinder went at 200,000-ish miles... but am I really going to complain about that?! I just get in and go with nothing but gas and a monthly oil change... it's also a beast in the snow with studded snow tires! What more could a northern commuter want?

after 12 years, still running great!
By nolimitt168 on 07/07/12 21:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I went away to college. 12 years later, I am still driving it everyday without any problems. The odometer is closing in on 120,000 with no mechanical problems at all. I keep up to date with the maintenance. The light behind the clock and odometer went out a couple of years back, but all else is running fine. I will keep this car for another 1-2 years then give it to my sister. Very reliable car. What more can I say!

Rebuilt Transmission at 93K
By Kelly on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Like so many others on this website, last month, I had to rebuild the transmission with only 93K to the tune of $1800. The CPU is also a little fluky. When the trans went, it sent a code that I needed a new Oxygen Sensor ($400 to replace). After a little research, this code is a common problem with the Y2K Accords' CPU ($800 to fix). Rebuilt the tran and the code went away. I'm so glad I didn't replace that part. I hope it lasts me another 3 years without any more major repairs, but I'm not counting on it. Pity Hondas are supposed to be SO reliable.

Most Reliable Vehicle Ever
By sydus on 08/24/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car came into our family when our grandparents passed away, leaving it to us. Overall a very calm, not very catchy design (at least with a tan color) but I'm actually impressed with performance. Even with the 4 cylinder engine she can still move, but overall the reliability is where this car's at. 134,000 miles on it and no major repairs, no problems, in fact it's recommended to replace the timing belt every 100,000 miles which we never did but it's still running beautifully. Very impressed with this car. Expect to have it for years and years to come.

Great vehicle
By swarun on 03/10/10 17:40 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 years. It runs great. Very reliable. Has never stopped me on the road. The original battery lasted 9 1/2 years.

Transmission went out at 100k
By Roberta on 11/21/09 11:13 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I Loved this car until at 100k or so transmission started slipping. Due to the design of these years I was advised not to change fluid- big mistake. Manual should have suggested in severe driving conditions like NYC stop and go, change fluid every 12k. Maybe it would have helped; maybe not but I decided to cash in at a paltry $1400 and try a Subaru. I miss the Honda am stressed thinking that if I bought another one (could only afford up to a 2002) the same thing could happen again. Honda should have covered warranty 125k miles and no year finality.

Okay overall, transmission failing
By Mark on 07/16/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My wife's car has 112,000 miles and is starting to have some transmission problems. Windshield defroster stopped working a few years back, and some dashboard lights and radio LCD burned out. Honda usually makes reliable cars and I still stand by them, but I still expected more miles out of this car. Our family is crossing our fingers that the transmission holds up. With this economy, who has the money to buy a new car? I have had Hondas through the late 80's and 90's from the CRX to the Honda Accords and the older cars performed and lasted a little longer.

2000 Accord LX 4dr sedan
By 2000 Accord LX 4dr on 11/21/08 10:26 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

4 cyl engine with 5 sp manual transmission. Purchased from dealer as a service loaner vehicle with 8K miles. Now at 106K miles with absolutely no problems in 7 years of ownership. My second Accord, this one is just as reliable as my '83 was. Reliably gets 35 mpg on highway. No service visits until 105K when timing belt/water pump are scheduled for replacement. I would very highly recommend these cars to others.

Old Friend
By Marko on 07/18/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My faithful 2000 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl auto has just hit 211,000 after nine years of ownership when I bought it new. It has never had a failure or unscheduled service of any kind during that time. There really isn't anything more to say. I'll swap it in this year for a new Accord, but I'll miss it.

Runs Fovever
By Runs Forever on 06/14/05 19:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

See similar reviews for 97' and 2005 Honda Accord LX's - This is our 2nd Honda Accord purchased new, oil changed every 3000 to 4000 miles, has 73000 miles on it and runs the same as when purchased. Only one actual repair to date (power window regulator replaced). Comfortable and reliable car for around town or cruising down the highway. Has great power / acceleration for a 4 cylinder when needed.