2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Big Upgrade from my 2001 Sebring
By kovacic_frank on 01/23/14 11:37 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Ive had the car for about a week now after going through tooth and nail failure with the 2001 Chryslar Sebring. The seats are very comfortable in the EX and the controls make sense where their placed. The back bar in the seat for extra support where you need it is great and the handling is very smooth if you drive considerate. My car has 140k miles on it when i got it and some where and tear are showing with the looseness of the accelerator, and the dashboard lights are flickering on and off from time to time. Gas is alright but im not getting what I thought id get from a Honda. Still a much bigger upgrade from other Sedans of that era. Also no Transmissions issues so far unlike 2002s.

My First Honda.. made me to buy two more Hondas
By albertjohnn on 09/06/13 14:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this baby in 2005 for $10K when it was on 35K miles. Never had any problem. Only regular oil changes and maintenance. Changed timing belt at 90K and now its ready for 120K servicing. Have been getting an average of 25MPG. This car made me to buy two more Honda cars. Very reliable beast to depend on.

Supercommuter!
By aimgargiulo on 11/15/12 21:05 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Honda with 133,000 miles from a man who commuted about 100 miles round trip to work. He took really good care of it, and I purchased it for a steal price of $3,300. Three years later, I have a 150 mile round trip commute to school, and she's up to 216,000 miles with no signs of slowing down! It's passed inspection every time (I do regular maintenance), and it's never left me stranded at all except for when the clutch master cylinder went at 200,000-ish miles... but am I really going to complain about that?! I just get in and go with nothing but gas and a monthly oil change... it's also a beast in the snow with studded snow tires! What more could a northern commuter want?

It's a great daily commuter
By annachen239 on 10/21/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was on sale in 2000 it is very realiable but the seats are really uncomfortable and there is a a lot of wind noise and when you are going up hill there is no power at all

Five Hondas - All Problems
By redgemon on 08/15/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Unfortunaetely it has taken the purchase of four Honda Accords and one Civic to finally get me to decide to not buy Hondas any more. All of the Accords (years 1968, 1988, 1990 and 2000) have had major problems, and the Civic nickled and dimed me to death. My current 2000 Accord V6 developed transmission problems within one week after purchase. I did not buy the extended warranty because it took every penny I had to buy the car. The Honda Dealership I bought it from said there's nothing they can do because I bought the car "As Is." Now, I can't drive it, and need to save over $2000 to have the transmission rebuilt. I know some have great Honda stories, but mine are nightmares.

after 12 years, still running great!
By nolimitt168 on 07/07/12 21:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I went away to college. 12 years later, I am still driving it everyday without any problems. The odometer is closing in on 120,000 with no mechanical problems at all. I keep up to date with the maintenance. The light behind the clock and odometer went out a couple of years back, but all else is running fine. I will keep this car for another 1-2 years then give it to my sister. Very reliable car. What more can I say!

Transmission FAILURE
By abynum16 on 04/19/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I would say this is a reliable car but, it's either it's great or your transmission fail no in between. Transmission failure with a P0730 failure code. Failure with automatic transmission & gear shift. My father and I both had this problem with two different honda accords. I recommend that you do not buy this car because you don't know what you'll end up with !

All hail HONDA
By dlpadilla1 on 03/01/12 13:11 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

All I can say is "WOW FACTOR", I have owned my Honda for the past 6 years, brand used with 49,000 mi on the odometer. Reliability - flawless, fun factor - yeah baby, comfort - oh yeah! I have put little into this car with the exception of routine maintenance and here 136,000 mi later it still runs like a dream. I have no plans on getting rid of it, new car - uh no, new motor - yeah when it needs it, same goes for the tranny, I would definately recommend this car to anybody looking to buy one, sorry kids, get your own Honda.

Was My Mom's Car
By jeffoweho on 07/08/11 10:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I just inherited my Mom's Accord in 10/10. I hand picked it for her in 07/00. I got a great deal 4 her, $22k out the door. She only drove it 60k mi. I sold my 93HondaDelSol (I bought brand new 08/15/92-that car was AWESOME)[thought since I'm over 40 now, a bit more mature car will serve me (and friends) better] I am really grateful to get to drive this car - it drives just as good as the day she got it. The transmission does act a little funny when backing into my parking space; she did get it repaired under recall but, I should follow up with the dealer when I get the timing belt done. Need new tires. I drive very little so it should last me another 10+yrs! I do miss my Mom though!

150K and still drives like new
By gjken on 06/25/11 07:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2000 and it is definately without question the best car that I have ever owned. The most expensive part of owning this car is tire replacement. I am currently on my 4th set. I do oil changes at 3K, changed out the O2 sensor's at 100K, replaced the battery twice, timing belt and F/R brakes at 105K, had refrigerant added at 105K, flushed the antifreeze twice, brake fluid changed three times, transmission oil changed 3 times (manual 5 speed), recently had a ball joint replaced. Replaced the wires/plugs at 105K. Currently have 150K on this car and expect that it will easily go another 150K without any major problems.