2000 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
268K and still driving great
By kcinga1 on 06/04/11 09:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in Sept of 2001 during the honda clearance event. When I first got it, I used to have probs with the EGR valve every 40K or so. But then they finally recalled and the problem was fixed. I think I've been through 3 alternators. No engine/tranny work. Replaced brakes a lot because I'm a rough driver. I drive @ 120 miles daily rt to work. I'm in Georgia so I can't really say how it handles cold weather, but it's been a champ in the extreme heat. About three years ago, I had freon added to the AC because it wasn't getting as cold as it should. It's great now.

Great Car!
By G*Luck on 07/20/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord new in 2000. It currently has 227,000 miles on it and still runs great. The car has always had the scheduled maintenance done by the dealer and I have only had to replace the alternator (2007) and the starter (2009). The gas mileage isn't fabulous but the quality, durability and reliability far exceeds my expectation for any car.

Long term review of Mean Joe Green
By Scipio on 03/26/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

All cars should have names. My Accord is affectionately known as Mean Joe Green. I'm at 216,000 miles, having purchased it at 65,400. I've replaced the belts twice, two motor mounts, bought two sets of tires, two water pumps, and two sets of brake pads. Aside from those issues, most of my indicator lights in the dash have gone out. But I still get at least 28 mpg on the highway. Handles best with Goodyear Assurance Tripletreads. That was my first replacement set of tires, and it went about 65k. Perfect for twisty Mississippi back roads that I used to commute on, 164 miles round trip daily. Leather driver's seat is torn up. Replaced the seat frame. Best car I've owned ever.

Not as reliable as previous
By Mark on 12/22/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I never had many problems when I owned my 1994 Accord EX and unfortunately this one, 2000 Accord EX v6 Coupe, has not been as reliable. It seems there were a few years where Honda models had issues with carbon build-up in the engine and I was an unfortunate victim. $2400 later and still have some minor issues with though nothing serious. Had all but two valves replaced due to carbon build-up burnt and cracked valves. Also just recently I spent another $1500 due to power steering pump and fluid leak in rack and pinion. Merry Christmas to me. These repair items, though costly, are to be expected for the most part although I would have preferred a little better reliability.

2000 EX V6 was Honda's best model
By Jim Rosalez on 06/08/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

My 2000 Honda has been fun to drive and the maintenance which I has only been done by Honda for the entire life of the car, hence there is a record of all maintenance done on the car for anyone wishing to check it out. Clean and maintained properly. Really not sure that I will sell it but at the moment I am looking at doing so. All mileage has been on a local bases with the exception of trips to and from relocation areas. This is one of Honda's best cars done in 2000. Just recently got a letter from Honda on their Premier Program for 2000 Hondas. It appears that there is a great demand for this model year. Makes me think maybe I should keep the car.

No Complaints
By E Serrano on 03/24/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Started driving this car with 11k on in in 2000. I now have 158k on it. Very comfortable and still a blast to drive. The V6 is quick and the handling is smooth. My sister has the 2003 and it does not compare. The suspension on this model is much smoother, rides like a luxury car. Have had previous Cadillac owners tell me it rides like a Caddy! The EX trim leaves nothing to be desired. I have had the transmission replaced after factory recall. Just replaced the 02 sensor. Other than an alternator replacement, no big issues with the reliability.

73k & still running like new
By Bw on 12/15/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I have put 42k miles on car and only replaced tires & brakes recently. Solid, sound, refined car. I have had to do nothing with. Drive it, change oil every 3500 miles, no major disappointments. Could have better leather upholstery, driver side shows above average wear. Decent sound system, sunroof "squeaks" randomly when closed, slightly oversteers (heavy car) but ABS and "smart" transmission controls car well when braking or turning/going downhill. Metallica paint is average, just keep it waxed. Interior is very nice, well appointed controls and feel, quiet ride and it looks great. Will easily put 150k miles on this car.

Just a great car...
By Maverick33 on 10/16/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for a year now and I have no complaints what so ever. I bought it last year from Carmax, a fine establishment, and the funny thing is I didn't intend to buy anything at all. I saw the car in the inspection garage on a tour of the facillity and I had to check it out. I test drove another accord that was a 4-banger and it just didnt have enough for me, so when I saw this V-6 model, I decided to give it a whirl. It had enough power (200hp) and it was a better looking car then the 4-cylinder version. I knew that I was picking up a quality car from this place, so I didn't have any hesitation buying it. I'm glad it all worked out.

Still Looks and Runs Great
By Jeffrey on 09/08/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Bought my VTech new - the 6 cylinder engine kicks - a little jerky off the line but the transition between other gears is slick. The car still looks contemporary (the spoiler helps) and people cannot believe it is 5 years old. It is fast and handles well.

Disappointing reliability
By denc13 on 05/21/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bouth my 00 Accord EX V6 more than 5 years ago new, and the reliability of the car was very disapointing. Right after the warranty expired, things started breaking down. The major repairs include alternator replacement, power steering pump replacement, EGR valve replacement, now a belt tensioner replacement. All within 30 thousand miles after the warranty ended and do not include a slew of minor repairs in the moonroof, door locks, etc. Very disappointed in Honda, especially considering the "legendary reliability" premise I bought the car on and has been much worse than any of the cars I owned or are currently in my household. This was the first and will the last Honda I ever own.