Used 2000 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Fast car
By CGuttuso

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Not a family more than four vehicle

My favorite car!
By larien

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new in February 2000. The problems I have had: an electrical relay went out so the engine cooling fans stayed on, had to replace alternator, water pump and oil pump. This Accord has been super reliable, fun to drive and wonderful to look at! I am about to buy a new Honda but I will not sell this one. It is my favorite of all 6 Honda cars that I have owned. I have around 200,000 miles on this car and still do not worry about getting to where I am going. This was a great purchase. Love this car!

Fun to drive and very reliable. Gas mileage is not bad for a V6. It is a beautiful car.

Love my baby!
By yori2929

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Honda Accord Coupe from an auction dealer. Within a couple of months, the transmission become faulty. I figured I'd still use my car till the transmission gave in. I even took him to the Honda service center near my home and they immediately diagnosed the transmission giving it 6 months worth of use. Here I am, over a year after Honda diagnosed the death of my Accord and he's still running. No check engine light or anything related. I do take care of him and don't abuse it by sticking the pedal to the floor, though in Georgia it is known to go way higher than the speed limit. Can't say enough great things about my baby Accord. Still very dependable being a 14 yr old car.

268K and still driving great
By kcinga1

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in Sept of 2001 during the honda clearance event.
When I first got it, I used to have probs with the EGR valve every 40K or so.
But then they finally recalled and the problem was fixed.
I think I've been through 3 alternators.
No engine/tranny work.
Replaced brakes a lot because I'm a rough driver.
I drive @ 120 miles daily rt to work.
I'm in Georgia so I can't really say how it handles cold weather, but it's been a champ in the extreme heat.
About three years ago, I had freon added to the AC because it wasn't getting as cold as it should.
It's great now.

Essentially, this car is extremely reliable and still has good get up and go. Everyone who gets in it never suspects the high mileage (268K) and is always impressed that it still drives like a new car. I will say that I have to give it some idle time before I start driving it now. The engine used to be good to go immediately after I started it. But I live in the country and the speed limit starts at 55 mph. Then I get on HWY @ 80 mph, so not much city driving. Maybe 2 city miles @ 35-45 5 days a week.

I'm convinced this car may last forever. My mechanic says that if anything, I may need to replace the tranny at some point, but the engine should last forever. I LOVE this car. I'm still amazed it has been so dependable.

Best purchase
By Dom

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car early of September this year to replace my Plymouth breeze. This car is great to look at, fun to drive, gets impressive gas mileage even when driven not so responsibly, and easy to work on. I've timed my 0-60 with the 5 speed at about 7.1 seconds, give or take a few milliseconds. The car looks mean, feels nice, and when you shift just right, ooh it gives me tingles. Only trouble i've gotten so far is i need to replace my struts, and my driver side window regulator went so the window only goes up until there's 1/4 inch to go, and i just use my hand to put it up the rest, just can't bump my sound system without it falling down again! Buy this car!

5 speed, power everything, vtec, handles amazing, 4 wheel disc brakes

more power to those front wheels, this car is begging to be driven fast