2000 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love my baby!
By yori2929 on 11/03/14 16:43 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Honda Accord Coupe from an auction dealer. Within a couple of months, the transmission become faulty. I figured I'd still use my car till the transmission gave in. I even took him to the Honda service center near my home and they immediately diagnosed the transmission giving it 6 months worth of use. Here I am, over a year after Honda diagnosed the death of my Accord and he's still running. No check engine light or anything related. I do take care of him and don't abuse it by sticking the pedal to the floor, though in Georgia it is known to go way higher than the speed limit. Can't say enough great things about my baby Accord. Still very dependable being a 14 yr old car.

268K and still driving great
By kcinga1 on 06/04/11 09:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in Sept of 2001 during the honda clearance event. When I first got it, I used to have probs with the EGR valve every 40K or so. But then they finally recalled and the problem was fixed. I think I've been through 3 alternators. No engine/tranny work. Replaced brakes a lot because I'm a rough driver. I drive @ 120 miles daily rt to work. I'm in Georgia so I can't really say how it handles cold weather, but it's been a champ in the extreme heat. About three years ago, I had freon added to the AC because it wasn't getting as cold as it should. It's great now.

Best purchase
By Dom on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car early of September this year to replace my Plymouth breeze. This car is great to look at, fun to drive, gets impressive gas mileage even when driven not so responsibly, and easy to work on. I've timed my 0-60 with the 5 speed at about 7.1 seconds, give or take a few milliseconds. The car looks mean, feels nice, and when you shift just right, ooh it gives me tingles. Only trouble i've gotten so far is i need to replace my struts, and my driver side window regulator went so the window only goes up until there's 1/4 inch to go, and i just use my hand to put it up the rest, just can't bump my sound system without it falling down again! Buy this car!

8 years of fine
By Jeffery Allen on 04/06/10 19:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

Had car for 8 years and a half. Original battery is still in the car. Had to replace the alternator for bad bearings. Did so with Honda parts. Never had a issue with the car. Interior is fine, all accessories have been excellent. roomy trunk, good room up front and the rear seat. Paint is great, I still get comments on the shine in the red. Engine really stays clean. Purchased the car with 30,500 miles on it in Feb. 2002. Great buy and possibly resell it soon and will get a great resell amount. So 8 years for $60 a month for the time owned. EXCELLENT

Great car with some problems
By healnghanz on 12/14/09 06:18 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Transmission was recalled. Honda replaced it but the new tranny leaks. The factory radio stinks. No spacial imaging and weak power. Eats 1 qt oil every three weeks and the dealer says its normal. I think the engine was a lemon but the dealer just snowed us. However, aside from these problems, the car is wonderful. Interior comfortable leather. Just a pleasure to ride. The Hallmark of this car is its visibility. Its a pre raked non wedge design that lets you have total visibility. Perfect in that regard.

My Favorite Car Ever
By ErinS on 07/31/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car is probably the best I've ever owned. While it may not be the "sports car" I've owned in the past (although the coupe model does help) it handles better than any of the others I've owned. This the first Honda I've had and I don't think I will ever buy another make again. The reliability is unbelievable! 169K miles and still going strong! I hate to give it up, but it's time to upgrade to my next Honda!

Great Car!
By G*Luck on 07/20/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord new in 2000. It currently has 227,000 miles on it and still runs great. The car has always had the scheduled maintenance done by the dealer and I have only had to replace the alternator (2007) and the starter (2009). The gas mileage isn't fabulous but the quality, durability and reliability far exceeds my expectation for any car.

Awesome Car!
By Krina143 on 07/10/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

My first car was a Honda Civic that I loved, so I wanted an Accord for my next. It was the best decision! I have had this car for 5 years and it now has 147K miles, still going strong. Nothing but routine maintenance, so reliable. I would highly recommend buying this car!

Great car!!!
By Jonathan on 06/12/09 11:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned my accord for over nine years and it still performs the same way as it did during the test drive! The only thing that I have had to replace is an alternator and it was actually covered by a factory bulletin and I only had to pay $25 for its replacement! Great Car!!!

2000 Accord 2.3 high miles
By MAX on 05/25/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This is my daily commute 200 miles everyday. For me it is the best design for Japanese coupe compare to solara. The Cargo space is huge for its class. I just made 200K miles this week and I haven't replaced my alternator yet, water pump and timing belt that's how reliable this one can be. Honda Engine and transmissions is so reliable. The secret is oil change and transmission fluid - change service is a must for long life of a car.