2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Big Upgrade from my 2001 Sebring
By kovacic_frank on 01/23/14 11:37 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Ive had the car for about a week now after going through tooth and nail failure with the 2001 Chryslar Sebring. The seats are very comfortable in the EX and the controls make sense where their placed. The back bar in the seat for extra support where you need it is great and the handling is very smooth if you drive considerate. My car has 140k miles on it when i got it and some where and tear are showing with the looseness of the accelerator, and the dashboard lights are flickering on and off from time to time. Gas is alright but im not getting what I thought id get from a Honda. Still a much bigger upgrade from other Sedans of that era. Also no Transmissions issues so far unlike 2002s.

My First Honda.. made me to buy two more Hondas
By albertjohnn on 09/06/13 14:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this baby in 2005 for $10K when it was on 35K miles. Never had any problem. Only regular oil changes and maintenance. Changed timing belt at 90K and now its ready for 120K servicing. Have been getting an average of 25MPG. This car made me to buy two more Honda cars. Very reliable beast to depend on.

It's a great daily commuter
By annachen239 on 10/21/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was on sale in 2000 it is very realiable but the seats are really uncomfortable and there is a a lot of wind noise and when you are going up hill there is no power at all

Five Hondas - All Problems
By redgemon on 08/15/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Unfortunaetely it has taken the purchase of four Honda Accords and one Civic to finally get me to decide to not buy Hondas any more. All of the Accords (years 1968, 1988, 1990 and 2000) have had major problems, and the Civic nickled and dimed me to death. My current 2000 Accord V6 developed transmission problems within one week after purchase. I did not buy the extended warranty because it took every penny I had to buy the car. The Honda Dealership I bought it from said there's nothing they can do because I bought the car "As Is." Now, I can't drive it, and need to save over $2000 to have the transmission rebuilt. I know some have great Honda stories, but mine are nightmares.

Was My Mom's Car
By jeffoweho on 07/08/11 10:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I just inherited my Mom's Accord in 10/10. I hand picked it for her in 07/00. I got a great deal 4 her, $22k out the door. She only drove it 60k mi. I sold my 93HondaDelSol (I bought brand new 08/15/92-that car was AWESOME)[thought since I'm over 40 now, a bit more mature car will serve me (and friends) better] I am really grateful to get to drive this car - it drives just as good as the day she got it. The transmission does act a little funny when backing into my parking space; she did get it repaired under recall but, I should follow up with the dealer when I get the timing belt done. Need new tires. I drive very little so it should last me another 10+yrs! I do miss my Mom though!

Love this car!
By idahoguy248 on 03/07/11 02:42 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 Honda Ex with 100000 miles on it. It now has 165000 and runs like new. I havent had to do anything to it except change the oil ever 3k miles. Dont know if tranny was replaced before I bought it but I dont think it was. Honda hit the nail on the head with this car. Easy on the eyes and wallet. Plan to drive another 100k.

Don't try a Honda!
By bcav on 07/24/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a private seller after owning a '98, should have sold and had a car payment. I have changed numerous brakes, rotors and calipers, and rear wheel hubs $600(i did the labor). Sway bar bushings went $400. But misdiagnosed as needed 4 new struts $800.EGR port in upper intake clogged common problem new EGR $150 for parts.Transmission metal line that goes to radiator rusted out and started leaking before i knew it, at the same time I thought the front wheel bearings were going. Garage couldn't diagnose it, 2 months later, got P0740 code. Transmission failing! $2,300 to rebuild. decided to buy from junk yard $1,700 with install,no warranty but not my problem. kept it to 137k

First Honda, Definitely Not The Last!
By Emma on 04/22/10 06:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a senior in high school with 85,000 miles. I have never had any mechanical problems - only routine maintenance. This has been the best car I've ever owned and still runs very smoothly with 141,000 miles. I would recommend Honda to anyone - you will get a car that will last well over 100,000 miles. The gas mileage is still good with a V6 - I'm willing to trade power for a few more dollars at the pump.

This car screams reliability, not style
By moparfan1790 on 04/13/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my uncle with 89k. Have had absolutely zero problems; the only maintenance I've done is a routine timing belt change (along with the water pump, which I figured I might as well replace w/ belt). Have not had the major transmission issue that seems to be common in the Honda V6; however, the tranny does hesitate between 1st and 2nd. The V6 is very quick, but I do not get very good gas mileage (20 in the city, 27 on highway) for a car of this size. Is not a head turner, but gets me from point A to point B in comfort and without problems.

Several problems
By Lori on 07/23/09 11:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in hopes of keeping it "forever". Now at 85,000 I've had to have the transmission replaced (this week)- seems a little too soon for that! Honda did cover 50% of the cost because of the low mileage (they call it Goodwill). The alternator had to be replaced in 2006 (very expensive). The ECM for emissions had to be replaced in 2003 (under warranty). The climate control motor assembly had to be replaced in 2007. The CD player stopped working and the radio had to be replaced in 2004 (Honda covered that). All in all, I guess it's been a good car- it's never left me stranded- but I think the things that have gone wrong are excessive considering the low miles.