2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
150K and still drives like new
By gjken on 06/25/11 07:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2000 and it is definately without question the best car that I have ever owned. The most expensive part of owning this car is tire replacement. I am currently on my 4th set. I do oil changes at 3K, changed out the O2 sensor's at 100K, replaced the battery twice, timing belt and F/R brakes at 105K, had refrigerant added at 105K, flushed the antifreeze twice, brake fluid changed three times, transmission oil changed 3 times (manual 5 speed), recently had a ball joint replaced. Replaced the wires/plugs at 105K. Currently have 150K on this car and expect that it will easily go another 150K without any major problems.

93K and a New Transmission
By Kelly on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

After my 04 Civic was totaled I needed a cheap car reliable car. I found my hail damaged Y2K Accord with only 89K. Three months and 4K miles later, I need a new transmission. I called Honda Customer Service and they said that I was out of luck but I could TRY to get financial assistance IF I take it to a Honda dealership. Pay $3500 for a new transmission and MAYBE you'll pay me some back? No Thanks! Also another code was thrown with the bad transmission code (P1164 bad oxygen sensor) due to some research online it could mean that the ECM needs to be replaced (the car's computer which would cost $800). Good car other than that (haha). Hope it makes it to 150K.

Ten years with my 2000 Accord EX
By dexter on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Had this car for 10 years, traded in for a 2011 Accord for the newer safety features. However, this is an amazing car. Never had a single mechanical problem with the car, the paint is still in excellent condition and the drivetrain will undoubtedly last another 10 - 15 years. I have nothing but positive memories of this car. The shifter is a joy to use. The steering is so precise that you can place this car in a turn, even at the limits of adhesion, with complete accuracy. My 2000 Accord is an admirable vehicle which hasn't lost an ounce of its original quality, performance or reliability over the past 10 years.

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Cyd on 08/06/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought used EX w/ 36K miles. Replaced transmission at 67K under class action suit. Since the transmission work, only oil changes and tires needed for the past six years. Most reliable car ever! Rides like a dream and at 10 years old, still accelerates at 80MPH. Husband drives '97 Accord, son drives '90 Civic. Daughter has P-O-S GM car that proved American cars lack quality and longevity. Can't say enough about Honda quality.

Transmission at 70K?
By Steve on 03/07/10 17:16 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought used Accord EX with 41K. Our transmission failed at 70K but I reported issues much earlier. Honda America was rude and irresponsible about transmission failure. They refused to own up and replace my transmission despite the class action suit requiring them to do so. Honda quality is far overrated. Parts and labor are very expensive also. Ride is not great on 2000 and seems worse in newer Accords. Interior is very nice although seats are not comfortable on long rides. Hope new transmission makes it to 150K. Honda has had a lot of issues with transmissions on Accord, Civic, and Odyssey. Like I said, much overrated for quality. Daughter's 99 Accord was an absolute money pit.

2000 4dr EX
By Monty994 on 12/04/09 21:19 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new with high hopes of Honda quality. Unfortunately, I am at 160K and on my 3rd transmission. The first died at 95K and was replaced under warranty. The second died at 135K. Honda did contribute towards the trany and it only cost me $500. Otherwise the car has been pretty good. Other than the transmission, I have only had to replace my starter. Some interior dash lights are starting to die, but it is 10yrs old. The size of the trunk is huge and the car is relatively comfortable and has no problem rolling 80mph on the highway. So in short, I am happy, but expected better reliability from Honda

130K and still running strong!
By Old frugal guy on 09/12/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 EX sedan which I purchased new in 2000. I change the oil every 3K miles, installed my first set of brakes (front and rear) at 105K miles, the dealer said that I still had at least 10K miles left on them. Replaced my battery last year. It didn't fail, but it was getting weak. Replaced timing belt and all other belts. Brake fluid, clutch fluid, transmission oil and anti-freeze is changed every 3 years. I get 33 mpg driving 70MPH on the highway. Never had a problem with the car and expect to be driving it for at least another 10 years.

Reliability of Honda
By Honda4Life on 04/02/09 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My Honda has been in the family for nine years and counting. It has been on numerous rode trips to Vegas and is very dependable. There have been engine problems but minor fixes is keeping it alive. I love Hondas.

Transmission Went Out
By Dave on 12/22/08 18:34 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I knew that the 2000 Accord had a history of transmission problems but since my car had made it to 108,000 miles, I felt it would make it to 200,000. I loved this car. But last week the transmission did go out. I would still recommend this car since most of them do fine. Fortunately I still got a good trade-in, and got a new 2009 Civic, which I love just as much.

5 Worry-Free Years later...
By Twitch on 10/03/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

First car after college and it's been fantastic, just turned over 106K miles! Easily 30mpg highway, 25 city. If you are in the market, the 4- cylinder EX sedan is the safe bet...the transmission problem is primarily in the V6 models. I tinted the windows so mine doesn't look like everyone else's. My back seat passengers almost always fall asleep on road trips, thanks to the excellent ride and comfortable seats. This car has been very sturdy and predictable on snow and ice, and, thanks to the good handling, has got me out a tight spot a few times (i.e., 50 mph pileup during a blizzard, tapped the brakes, downshifted to 3rd and took the ditch, drove right out and kept going!). A great car!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »