Used 2000 Honda Accord LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I Love My Car. 15 Years in the Family and No Issues
By kobiewan

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Despite these accords having transmission failures through the roof, the point it that they are very reliable cars. Most of the issues emerged at 70-100k miles, which is why Honda extended the warranty on the drivetrain. My automatic is at 173k miles on the original transmission. Yes I did get lucky. I have been through a few axles, a radiator, and a power steering pump and 3 timing belts. However, with routine maintenance and possibly one transmission rebuild for some of you these cars will last a long time. Just remember, if you get a good quality rebuild the transmission should last longer than the original. Don't be cheap or go to aamco. Do your research.

Favorite Features

The handling is great. Excellent Reliability. High end torque helps on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger transmissions. Car is slightly clumsy on highways.

Supercommuter!
By aimgargiulo

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Honda with 133,000 miles from a man who commuted about 100 miles round trip to work. He took really good care of it, and I purchased it for a steal price of $3,300. Three years later, I have a 150 mile round trip commute to school, and she's up to 216,000 miles with no signs of slowing down! It's passed inspection every time (I do regular maintenance), and it's never left me stranded at all except for when the clutch master cylinder went at 200,000-ish miles... but am I really going to complain about that?! I just get in and go with nothing but gas and a monthly oil change... it's also a beast in the snow with studded snow tires! What more could a northern commuter want?

Favorite Features

Cold A/C, hot heat, and it doesn't break. I really like my spoiler, too. There aren't too many frills with my car, but it gets the job done and I like it as a whole for the purpose it has... not "frills."

Suggested Improvements

It's a little late now.. the car's 13 years old... not like it needed improvements anyway!

after 12 years, still running great!
By nolimitt168

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I went away to college. 12 years later, I am still driving it everyday without any problems. The odometer is closing in on 120,000 with no mechanical problems at all. I keep up to date with the maintenance. The light behind the clock and odometer went out a couple of years back, but all else is running fine. I will keep this car for another 1-2 years then give it to my sister. Very reliable car. What more can I say!

Favorite Features

very low maintenance. oil change every 5k miles.

Suggested Improvements

make it look more stylish and more horse power.

Rebuilt Transmission at 93K
By Kelly

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Like so many others on this website, last month, I had to rebuild the transmission with only 93K to the tune of $1800. The CPU is also a little fluky. When the trans went, it sent a code that I needed a new Oxygen Sensor ($400 to replace). After a little research, this code is a common problem with the Y2K Accords' CPU ($800 to fix). Rebuilt the tran and the code went away. I'm so glad I didn't replace that part. I hope it lasts me another 3 years without any more major repairs, but I'm not counting on it. Pity Hondas are supposed to be SO reliable.

Favorite Features

It's the smoothest riding car I've ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission issue! I called Honda and they extended the warranty to 100k or 7 years..too little too late for me.. Really why not just to 100K?

Most Reliable Vehicle Ever
By sydus

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car came into our family when our grandparents passed away, leaving it to us. Overall a very calm, not very catchy design (at least with a tan color) but I'm actually impressed with performance. Even with the 4 cylinder engine she can still move, but overall the reliability is where this car's at. 134,000 miles on it and no major repairs, no problems, in fact it's recommended to replace the timing belt every 100,000 miles which we never did but it's still running beautifully. Very impressed with this car. Expect to have it for years and years to come.

Favorite Features

Nice looking interior even if it's not leather or anything new, nice ride but ultimately, the reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe some nicer tires, little more performance? Overall not much that needs improving for such a simple car. Just remember it's not a sports car (at least in the 4 cylinder), but rather a car.