2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best Car to buy!
By A on 05/22/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I've owned many cars over the years. I am talking about Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes, Infinity, and of course Honda. I have a Honda Accord and even though the other cars that I've owned have served me well- my honda is MY favorite. In 60, 000 miles I have only changed the rotors and brakes, and the oil. Not that I am negligent- just that the car asks for little attention- it does it all and well! I am hating the fact that later on in life I will have to change cars and not be able to buy a new 2000 Honda Accord- I would've loved to buy two- keep one in the garage until I need it. The new models look great but the one I have is the best car to buy.

Love this car!
By iloveoregon on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! The five speed is fantastic and the car is surprisingly peppy. It's a quiet body style - not too pretentious or showy. The interior is spacious for five adults or even car seats if necessary. I put the back seat down when I go to Home Depot and use my bike rack on the roof to haul other stuff. It's just a great car. I hope to get 300,000 miles out of it like three other navy blue Honda's I know.

dependability in a honda accord
By glhodges on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

my loyalty goes to honda, it has proven to be the most reliable car I have ever owned (besides the civic) a true value when considering dependability vs. $$$$ at 120K miles still runing strong , only had to replace battery, and rotors, still have original timing belt although recomended to replace @105K miles. excelent interior & exterior intergrety .reliability a great plus for single parents, students , and single females who dont own stock in repair shops and those who do not like to throw away money in cheep disposable cars and/or parts .

Throttle Body Unit
By Sharyel A on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

After only having approx. 34,000 miles, noticed the gas pedal sticking. Had to "Punch" it to get it to release. Unfortunately, complained to dealer 2 weeks after warrantly expired (3 yr warranty). Was told would have to pay $266.33 to have throttle body unit replaced. I thought was a safety issued, and should be replaced free of charge. Still in negotiation regarding this issue.

Good Car, but why did I buy it?
By Matt3 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I got the DX model, 135 horses but no A/C, no CD player, no creature comforts of any kind. It only has about 20,000 miles on it so I lucked out in getting a reliable car, but I can't stand knowing that come summer, I'll be sweltering in my new black car. Performance is decent, body style and interior room is great. I like the standard transmission, very driver- friendly car.