2000 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I Love My Car. 15 Years in the Family and No Issues
By kobiewan on 12/30/14 17:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Despite these accords having transmission failures through the roof, the point it that they are very reliable cars. Most of the issues emerged at 70-100k miles, which is why Honda extended the warranty on the drivetrain. My automatic is at 173k miles on the original transmission. Yes I did get lucky. I have been through a few axles, a radiator, and a power steering pump and 3 timing belts. However, with routine maintenance and possibly one transmission rebuild for some of you these cars will last a long time. Just remember, if you get a good quality rebuild the transmission should last longer than the original. Don't be cheap or go to aamco. Do your research.

Love my baby!
By yori2929 on 11/03/14 16:43 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Honda Accord Coupe from an auction dealer. Within a couple of months, the transmission become faulty. I figured I'd still use my car till the transmission gave in. I even took him to the Honda service center near my home and they immediately diagnosed the transmission giving it 6 months worth of use. Here I am, over a year after Honda diagnosed the death of my Accord and he's still running. No check engine light or anything related. I do take care of him and don't abuse it by sticking the pedal to the floor, though in Georgia it is known to go way higher than the speed limit. Can't say enough great things about my baby Accord. Still very dependable being a 14 yr old car.

Big Upgrade from my 2001 Sebring
By kovacic_frank on 01/23/14 11:37 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Ive had the car for about a week now after going through tooth and nail failure with the 2001 Chryslar Sebring. The seats are very comfortable in the EX and the controls make sense where their placed. The back bar in the seat for extra support where you need it is great and the handling is very smooth if you drive considerate. My car has 140k miles on it when i got it and some where and tear are showing with the looseness of the accelerator, and the dashboard lights are flickering on and off from time to time. Gas is alright but im not getting what I thought id get from a Honda. Still a much bigger upgrade from other Sedans of that era. Also no Transmissions issues so far unlike 2002s.

My First Honda.. made me to buy two more Hondas
By albertjohnn on 09/06/13 14:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this baby in 2005 for $10K when it was on 35K miles. Never had any problem. Only regular oil changes and maintenance. Changed timing belt at 90K and now its ready for 120K servicing. Have been getting an average of 25MPG. This car made me to buy two more Honda cars. Very reliable beast to depend on.

Supercommuter!
By aimgargiulo on 11/15/12 21:05 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Honda with 133,000 miles from a man who commuted about 100 miles round trip to work. He took really good care of it, and I purchased it for a steal price of $3,300. Three years later, I have a 150 mile round trip commute to school, and she's up to 216,000 miles with no signs of slowing down! It's passed inspection every time (I do regular maintenance), and it's never left me stranded at all except for when the clutch master cylinder went at 200,000-ish miles... but am I really going to complain about that?! I just get in and go with nothing but gas and a monthly oil change... it's also a beast in the snow with studded snow tires! What more could a northern commuter want?

It's a great daily commuter
By annachen239 on 10/21/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was on sale in 2000 it is very realiable but the seats are really uncomfortable and there is a a lot of wind noise and when you are going up hill there is no power at all

Five Hondas - All Problems
By redgemon on 08/15/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Unfortunaetely it has taken the purchase of four Honda Accords and one Civic to finally get me to decide to not buy Hondas any more. All of the Accords (years 1968, 1988, 1990 and 2000) have had major problems, and the Civic nickled and dimed me to death. My current 2000 Accord V6 developed transmission problems within one week after purchase. I did not buy the extended warranty because it took every penny I had to buy the car. The Honda Dealership I bought it from said there's nothing they can do because I bought the car "As Is." Now, I can't drive it, and need to save over $2000 to have the transmission rebuilt. I know some have great Honda stories, but mine are nightmares.

after 12 years, still running great!
By nolimitt168 on 07/07/12 21:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when I went away to college. 12 years later, I am still driving it everyday without any problems. The odometer is closing in on 120,000 with no mechanical problems at all. I keep up to date with the maintenance. The light behind the clock and odometer went out a couple of years back, but all else is running fine. I will keep this car for another 1-2 years then give it to my sister. Very reliable car. What more can I say!

Transmission FAILURE
By abynum16 on 04/19/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I would say this is a reliable car but, it's either it's great or your transmission fail no in between. Transmission failure with a P0730 failure code. Failure with automatic transmission & gear shift. My father and I both had this problem with two different honda accords. I recommend that you do not buy this car because you don't know what you'll end up with !

All hail HONDA
By dlpadilla1 on 03/01/12 13:11 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

All I can say is "WOW FACTOR", I have owned my Honda for the past 6 years, brand used with 49,000 mi on the odometer. Reliability - flawless, fun factor - yeah baby, comfort - oh yeah! I have put little into this car with the exception of routine maintenance and here 136,000 mi later it still runs like a dream. I have no plans on getting rid of it, new car - uh no, new motor - yeah when it needs it, same goes for the tranny, I would definately recommend this car to anybody looking to buy one, sorry kids, get your own Honda.